Chapter 13

''Morning to all the early birds! If anyone needs me, I'll be in my office'' Hunter greeted everyone in the kitchen, right before disappearing into his office

''Wow,'' Greg stared at the office door in awe. ''Has anyone ever seen him this happy before? I know I haven't...'' He chuckled, making the others nod in agreement.

What can I say...

Kitty Power.

''I thought he'd be fuming because of the stolen sign'' One of the dishwashing ladies sighed.

I stayed silent, the events of last night making me chuckle. I still couldn't believe I fucked Hunter Hawthrone all over his damn diner. I wonder if the security cameras caught us...

''What's up with you, new girl?'' Greg nudged me, eyeing me suspiciously. ''I thought you were on toilet duty''

Oh, right.

''Yeah, I was just here for a quick coffee before I get to work'' I lied, making my way to the coffee machine swiftly.

''Long night?'' The same lady asked me, chuckling.

''Oh, yeah, brutal'' I nodded as I prepared myself a cup of steaming coffee.

''Ah, I wish I could go back to being young again. Those were some wild days, huh!'' She joked, chuckling with the other dishwashing lady.

I bit back a smirk. Oh, Lady...if only you knew.

''It's really not that wild nowadays. Pretty boring, to be honest'' Greg argued with her.

I rolled my eyes, ''For some''.

The ladies laughed and Greg's cheeks burned a deep shade of red, matching his hair. ''You tell him, girl!'' The second dishwashing lady cheered me on as I left the kitchen with my coffee cup, ready to scrub the damn toilets.

***

''Hey,''

I looked up, shoving my hair out of my sweaty face to see who needed me.

''We're really busy, could you help out at the front?'' The new waitress asked with a sheepish smile.

''Sure,'' I nodded, dropping the rubber gloves gladly. ''Let me freshen up first''

With that, she nodded and skated off in a hurry. I made a mental note to get her name as I untied my hair. In one swift movement, my hair was perched on the top of my head in a perfect messy bun. All signs of scrubbing the toilets for hours were gone.

I left the toilets, deciding to tell Hunter I was going to help out in the front.

Smiling to myself, I stuck my head into his office, forgetting to knock. ''Hey, Hu-'' I stopped myself, eyes landing on a tall blonde woman standing right next to Hunter. Her hand was dangerously close to his belt, making a stone-cold expression set on my face. ''Boss, I was just going to tell you I'm helping out at the front'' I said in a monotone.