Chapter 9

I stood at the cash register, watching the attractive guy scan my groceries

I stood at the cash register, watching the attractive guy scan my groceries. His eyes landed on the diapers and I cursed myself for ever agreeing to this grocery shop. ''Those are for my nephew'' I smiled awkwardly.

''I figured they weren't for your child'' He chuckled, flashing me a rather attractive smile.

Oh, I see what you're doing there.

''Why's that?'' I straightened up, discreetly pushing my cleavage out.

''You don't seem like a mom. You're too young and too...free?'' He sighed with a smile on his face. ''You look more like a cool aunt, who's over for the summer or something''

''Well, damn, call me horse girl...because I'd ride that thing into the sunset'' I whistled, eyeing him up and down.

His eyes widened and he gulped, dropping the diapers onto the ground.

I chuckled flirtatiously, enjoying his flustered appearance. ''Sorry, I can't control it'' I excused myself, batting my eyelashes as he met eyes with me again.

He opened his mouth to speak but shut it just as fast as he opened it, his eyes setting on something behind me. ''Uh, that'll be 60 dollars, 89 cents'' He rushed out awkwardly.

''A tall, obnoxious, dickhead is behind me, right?'' I groaned.

''Uh, I have to ask you to, uh, pay'' The guy ignored me.

I turned my head to the side, meeting eyes with the famous cockblocker. ''Hello again, Buzzkill. I was enjoying the 20 minutes I had away from you'' I muttered, scanning his groceries.

Almond milk, protein powder, bananas, ooooh tequila, and nope- no dog food.

''Dog food, eh?'' I pursed my lips, fighting a smirk.

''They were out'' He shrugged casually.

''I'm sure they were'' I nodded before turning to pay the nervous guy at the cash register. He quickly, almost too quickly, handed me my receipt and started scanning Hunter's groceries. I flashed him a weird look, ''Easy there, tiger''.

He ignored me, making Hunter chuckle lowly.

I glared at the prick and took my grocery bags swiftly, despite their unbearable weight. Carrying them out of the grocery store, I cursed the day I moved in with my brother.

''Let me help you out'' Hunter grabbed my bags from me, making me roll my eyes into space.

''I can carry a few grocery bags, thank you very much'' I hissed.

''Just say thank you and chill, alright?'' He chuckled, opening the boot of my brother's car with one swift motion. I stared at him, hating that I was actually thankful he helped.

''Thanks, I guess'' I muttered.

''What was that?'' He asked as he placed the bags into the boot carefully.