Chapter 24

I sat quietly at the very back of the airplane as people chattered among themselves all around me

I sat quietly at the very back of the airplane as people chattered among themselves all around me. My phone was turned off since the fight happened, which was yesterday. Afterward, I gathered my things and ran off to the nearest hotel, where I booked a flight home immediately. The nearest flight was this morning, so here I am- Drugged up and emotionless, with a billion thoughts in my stupid head.

I didn't speak to anyone since the fight happened and I wasn't even planning on it. Grayson would see that I bought a ticket home through my credit card, anyway. But by the time they'll get home, I'll be long gone from their lives.

That was my plan.

I knew that I had to leave everything and everyone behind. The realization that I needed a fresh start, hit me out of nowhere last night. So I started planning, scheming...anything really. Eventually, it seemed I had come up with a perfect solution- flee the scene. I would disappear from everyone's lives as if I was never there in the first place. If everything went according to my plan, I would finally get my life together and if they want me back, I'll be back. But for now, I had to go. It was obvious that I was poisoning not only my own life but also theirs and Hunter's. It had to stop, as soon as possible.

"Ma'am, would you like some champagne?" The flight attendant asked sweetly. holding onto a tray full of drinks and snacks. My eyes scanned over the tray, looking for something closer to my liking. Ah, there it is!

"I'll have some Vodka"

***

I stared at my packed bags, holding back a heavy breath of air that was trapped in my lungs. No crying, Scar. Get it together, you have a flight in two hours. Picking up the bags, I huffed from the weight of them in my unprepared arms. I guess traveling through Europe will be harder than I thought if I'll be carrying so much crap around.

And then it hit me.

I don't need any of this shit.

Dropping the bags to the ground, I stared at them in deep thought. What use would these be to me? All these branded, overly-expensive designer clothes...were just painful reminders of my previous life. I was planning to change completely, become a whole new person. I was planning a brand new life and I was sure I would achieve it. So, these clothes...they're useless to me. I was starting fresh- a new life, a new me, a new environment...with new people. So why was I dragging all this pointless crap into it?

Smiling to myself, I carried the bags downstairs to Grayson's and Bethany's fireplace. I threw the clothes in, watching them turn to nothing but expensive flames. It felt good. It felt like I was letting everything go. The whole plan was finally starting to feel real.

An idea popped into my head and I went with it, grabbing the packaged pills from my pocket. Eyes dancing between the illegal substance and the fire, I tried to think my wild idea through. This is the right thing to do, right? If I'm starting fresh, this shit needs to go too, right?  I hesitated for a moment, doubt taking over my spontaneous plan. The problem was that I knew it would be hard to quit cold turkey. I knew I would have to go through literal hell, entirely on my own...in a foreign country. But I did it anyway. I threw the small packages into the fireplace and watched as they disappeared from my life, mentally let go of my history with them. I was done with everything. I was actually done with all of this shit.