Chapter 18

I whined in agony, fanning my backside to ease the excruciatingly burning pain

''Only you, Scarlett. Only you would get yourself into a situation like this...'' Hunter muttered in annoyance, putting his phone back down on his desk. He had just finished calling an ambulance for my dumb, clumsy, careless ass.

''Okay, I don't think your pointless comments are helping with the massive burn on her ass!'' Tyler rolled his eyes at Hunter. I hissed, grabbing a book off the desk to fan my ass.

''Maybe if the two of you left your hormones at home today, this wouldn't have happened!'' Hunter spat, jealousy spilling from his tone. ''I knew it. I knew that employing you would be a fucking inconvenience!''

''What are you saying?'' I spat, giving him a death glare.

''Nothing!'' Hunter roared before storming out of his office, slamming the door behind him.

''We should've left him at the Ball to fend for his drunk self'' Tyler squinted at the shut door with annoyance. ''He's so fucking ungrateful! I could've broken my back carrying his huge ass and this is the 'thanks' I get? Fucking asshole!''

I chuckled through the pain, ''Welcome to the 'Anti-Hunter Hawthrone' club!''.

Before he could say anything, Hunter barged into the room with a bag full of ice. He extended his hand, waiting for me to take it. And I did, gladly. ''Thanks,'' I muttered, eyeing his pissed-off glare. ''But Tyler could've done that'' I added, remembering that I was supposed to be mad at him.

He threw his head back, muttering profanities under his breath. ''But he didn't, did he?'' He deadpanned, glancing at Tyler with obvious fury.

''What the hell is your problem, Hunter?!'' I shouted, sick of everything going on. My ass literally got caught on fire, and this guy was starting a jealousy scene?!

''What's my problem?'' Hunter came closer to me, glaring. ''You really don't know?''

I rolled my eyes at him, before shaking my head 'no'. His eyes stared into mine, his mouth pursed into a thin line. ''I can't have Tyler working here. So, Tyler, you're fired'' He finally spoke, not even glancing at Tyler as he fired him.

''Excuse me?'' Tyler scoffed.

''You fucking heard me, Bradshaw!'' Hunter spat.

''What the fuck did I do?!'' Tyler asked, becoming defensive.

''You two were trying to fuck in my fucking kitchen!'' Hunter roared, slamming his fist on his desk. I jumped from the aggressive outburst. ''That's what fucking happened, Bradshaw! You not only decided that that was okay at your fucking job, but you also injured your colleague!''

''We were not-''

''You're fired, Bradshaw!'' Hunter bellowed, just as paramedics rushed into the office.