Chapter 9 Walk in the Park

Nysa's POV

I ran into the house as I threw my bag and jacket on my bed. The clock struck sharp 4 as I ran down to the kitchen and gave my mum a quick hug.

"Supergirl," she smiled as I chuckled.

"April is waiting on me!" I called back as I ran out the back door and over to the Weldon's home.

Mrs Weldon gave me her usual bright smile as she walked out of the house with April tagging along behind her.

"What is wrong with my favorite girl?" I asked crouching down as she walked over and gave me a quiet hug. I carried her in my arms as she rest her head on my left shoulder.

"Lethargic from fever, but insisted she will go for a walk with you no matter what," her mother smiled at me. "I am heading down to the pharmacy to get some medications for her," she said as I nodded.

"Don't worry, I'll bring her home earlier," I said as she kissed her cheeks and left.

The park was always filled with all sorts of people. My favorite place would be the fields. Its where I loved to sit and watch the flock of birds dance their time.

"Nysa-" April mumbled as she looked down from my arms. "I want to make friends with that dog!" She pointed her little index over to a brown and white sausage dog which was busy chasing the birds. I laughed at its cuteness as I nodded.

"Hey buddy!" I walked over to the little one with April clinging on me.

"Ziko!" I heard a familiar voice call out. The dog responded by barking. "There you are you foolish-" my eyes met his, as we both seemed to be a little startled by this encounter.

"Ziko," April chuckled as she waved her hand down, breaking the tension filled silence between us. Ziko barked in excitement as well. "Can I touch him?" She looked up at him.

His eyes landed on April, as for the first time I noticed a strange look on his face. He gave the most heartwarming smile as he knelt down and got Ziko in his arms.

"Sure you can, sweetie," I was stunned at his cute name for her. I blinked several times.

"Don't tell anyone about this," he looked at me as I inhaled.

"You don't have to worry about it," I said with a small smile.

April gently pat Ziko's back as he wriggled in his arms. I knelt down and placed her on the ground, as she remained stuck close to me. He knelt as well as he placed Ziko down on the ground. April chuckled making me smile.

"He's cute," she looked at me with a wide smile.

"He's cute?" I chuckled as she nodded. "So you got a pet," I looked at him as he looked at me.

"So she is April," he looked at her with a very sincere admiration in his eyes.

I chuckled as he smiled. April looked tired a little more, so I turned her around and took her back in my arms.

"Get some sleep honey," I said as I watched him place the leash on Ziko.
"I've never seen you like this, its rare," I looked at him as he met my eyes.

"There's so much people don't know," he scoffed. I felt that.

"Well, sometimes by talking we can get to know people much better," I shrugged as he looked at me for a moment longer. "I mean, one thing I got to know about you after this encounter is that, you are totally different with animals and kids than how you are with us," I smiled to myself at my own words.

"Are you trying to get to know me more?" He gave me his usual cold suspicious look.

"No, I am going to wait till you introduce me to who you truly are," I gently rubbed April's back as she wriggled in my arms. "Wanna walk with me?" I asked, a little taken aback by my confidence myself. He seemed equally intrigued. A different smile played at his lips.

"Okay," he shrugged as we began walking down to a path we both were unkown of.

It was a quiet walk at first, but there was a satisfaction in myself, a smile on my lips. April was asleep, her soft snores ringing gently. Ziko was surprisingly obedient, walking behind him.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked suddenly, the same look on his face from before. I chuckled.

"I don't know, I just feel a little satisfaction," I said with honesty.

"Your honesty scares me," he glanced at me as I gave him a quick smile.

April was in deep sleep, as the weight of her made me stop at short distances to make sure that she was in a comfortable position.

"You okay?" He looked at me. I gave him a guilty glance.

"Yeah, just have to make sure she is comfortable," I mumbled as he stepped behind me, and gently tugged my fringes aside. I was frozen as I felt a strange sensation climb upon me. My toes coiled in my shoes, as I gulped down a heavy lump in my throat.

"Okay now?" He asked, still standing behind me. His fingers were still on my shoulder, as I felt a very extreme level of tension existing between us. His breath was clear and deep as I felt drawn to him. I felt as if we had gotten much more closer, when Ziko suddenly barked making me flinch.

"I-Its late," I stuttered as he nodded. "So, I'll see you at school," I looked at him as he did not respond. I opened my mouth to say something, but did not. With silence, I walked away from there. For a strange minute, I felt his eyes on me, as if he was watching me leave, but I called it a very old schooled thought, and refused to look back.

**********
'Sometimes silence can hold a deeper meaning than words that are spoken, but can the listener hear that silent meaning?'

Bonus chapter 9...😊...i hope you guys enjoyed it...stay tuned for more..🙂🙂

Let Me Love YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara