Chapter 6 Out of Sight

Nysa's POV

It was strange how fast time went by. The weekend is what everyone waited for the most, and it had arrived. I was standing at my neighbor's door step, as I messaged Jade to be safe at the games and enjoy it. Honestly, I was a little jealous and bothered by the fact that she will get to enjoy such moments with him, but I knew that deep down I loved what I was doing.

"Nysa!" April ran up to me as I lifted her off the floor and twirled her in my arms. Her face shone bright with happiness, her giggles filled the room.

"April!" I gently placed a kiss on her right cheek, as she hid her face on the crook of my neck.

"It surely is a good thing she is comfortable with you, otherwise it worried me to think who to let her be with on days as such," Mrs Weldon smiled at me. "Now April, do not bother Nysa okay, mum and dad will be back home after you fall asleep, love," she walked over and pecked her forehead.

"Don't worry Mrs Weldon, she is a very good child," I smiled at April who nodded proudly.

As Mr and Mrs Weldon left, I walked back in, and with April in my arms, I walked around and made sure the doors and windows in rooms were shut. Although this neighborhood was safe, I always gave priority to safety anyways.

I walked into the kitchen as I began making her fruit platter, when I heard her creeping in behind me.

"Nysa, look-" she said as I quickly turned around to face her. "I've got a rash," she pointed to her little arms as I realized they were allergy reactions in her case.

"Oh my god, April, were you eating cheese?" I gasped as I washed my hands and crouched down to inspect her arms. She gave a guilty nod. I let out a sigh as I quickly ran up to her room and looked for her ointment, but instead found an empty tube. Rushing back down, I managed to message Mrs Weldon that I will be taking April with me down to the pharmacy to get her ointment and she in return sent a thumbs up and a 'safe walk'.

It was still day light, as we walked down the path leading to the hub which was situated very close to our street. April struggled to walk in her heavy jacket and boots, so I had to carry her, as I intended to be back home before the day light disappears.

"Nysa, can we get ice-cream and snacks from the convenience store?" She looked at me with a pout as I nodded.

"But first your medication," I said as we entered the pharmacy next door.

As soon as we were out, I unboxed the cream and quickly rubbed it over her rashes, as she was getting impatient about going to the convenience store.

"April, remember, no snacks with cheese, and you only get to pick one ice-cream of your choice," I said as I held her hand and led her into the store.

It wasn't crowded, which was a lucky thing for me. April led me down to the isle with all sorts of snacks as she began pointing at the ones she loved. Checking my budget, I nodded as I grabbed them all and was about to get to the next isle when I saw him.

Ryan was standing at a little distance, deciding on a drink. My breath hitched within me as I felt my throat run dry. My feet for a moment wobbled, as my toes were coiled in my shoes. He seemed unaware of my presence along his, and I wanted to go out of sight even before he could lift his head up.

"Nysa-" April tugged onto my shirt as I looked down. Holding her little hand, I looked up and saw that he was still standing at his place, jis attention away from people around him, without saying a word, I left the isle. "What happened?" April asked, a little concerned.

"Nothing sweetie," I gave a forceful smile as she nodded innocently.

At the cashing counter, while the cashier marked our purchase, I had my eyes around trying to make sure he didn't get to see me.

"That would be 27.50," she looked up from her computer as I smiled and handed her 30. As she gave back the change and receipt, I saw him, walking out of the same isle, with two drinks in hand. Quickly averting my eyes from him, with the bag in one hand and April's hand in the other, I left the store in a hurry.

"Nysa, walk slowly," April whined as I realized I was already out of his sight, far from the hub. I stopped for a breath as I looked down at her.

"I'm sorry April, I just wanted to get home before it gets dark," I smiled as she nodded.

Reaching back home, April ran off taking her jacket and boots off, over to the couch with her ice-cream in hand, as she sat down and began eating it. I placed the items purchased on the table as my mind still pictured him at the store. My heart was still racing. I let out a deep breath as I looked at my phone to see there was a notification of his social media post. Clicking on it, my screen opened to an image of him sitting in the crowded stadium, with a drink in his hand, as his caption read 'why run from me?'. In that very moment, I felt my heart drop a beat.

*********
And this was your Chapter 6...i hope you guys liked it...🙂🙂🙂