Chapter 4 Ignorance is Bliss

Ryan's POV

Being early to school was never what I preferred, but there were unfortunate times when I happened to just arrive way before everyone. I walked into the room and sat at my desk, without even bothered to open up the windows or clean up. Throwing a random book on my desk, I was about to draw, when I heard a very familiar 'good morning' ringing through the hallway.

"Good morning!" I looked up and saw her standing at the threshold of the door as she faced outside, her eyes shining from her smile. I quickly looked down, refusing to pay attention to my tremendously beating heart.

As she walked in, I could feel her aura suddenly changing. I sat there, expecting her to greet me the way she greets everyone. She did not. I wanted to look up and see why, but I did not.

She opened the windows, one by one, without saying a word. I felt the stress between us, and I was hoping to end it.

"Ryan, why can't you ever help out in the morning with such petty things?" I looked up and saw Jade walking in with her usual glare towards me.

"Its not my job," I said coldly. I felt her eyes on me from the back.

"You-" Jade was silenced by her.

"Jade, you're quite early," she chuckled. I knew she was saving me from another lecture, but I was much of a jerk to ever appreciate her for that.

I returned my attention to my book, as the two took their seats and began talking about random things. It had been almost three weeks since she last talked to me. I knew she stole quiet glances at me, but she kept her distance. My mind danced with all sorts of thoughts, it was strange for me to be bothered by her ignorance.

It was already mid-day, time for literature. Leaning back in my chair with a sigh, I looked her way. A frown settled on my face when I saw Chase sitting by her side.

"Chase, be honest, you were dropped by your own mother when she took you in her arms, for you to turn out this dumb and annoying!" She laughed at Jade's words.

"I'm here to talk to Nysa," he claimed by pulling her close to him. The look on my face changed evidently, I realized when I received a questioning nod from Derek.

"My dear children, we hold no time now, get your scripts out, we must get into reading the novel!" Mr Carson surprised us all as his voice rang in the room. "Ryan, where is your script?" He looked straight at me as I shrugged.

"It was taken from me," I said as he frowned.

"By who?" He asked, looking around to see if others had theirs. I looked up and met eyes with Chase and Jade, but she had her head down, as she began reading with much attention on the script.

"Nysa took it sir!" I said out loud. She seemed frozen. Slowly lifting her head up, her eyes meeting mine, confusion settled on her face. I kept a breath in.

"What?" She frowned.

"You took my script!" I teased as I could feel my lips curving into a smile.

"No I did not, you can't keep your things properly, don't go around blaming others, Ryan!" She retorted as everyone in the room laughed and hooted.

My name out of her lips, sounded very different and foreign. As if it had been given a whole new meaning.

"Family problems at home children!" She looked at Jade who was laughing hysterically.

"Mr Carson, you still haven't accepted my follow request I sent you last week!" I said as he gave me a look.

"You think I have nothing better to do Ryan?" He remarked causing me to laugh.

Chase by my side, was once again reminding me about the basketball game this weekend, as I kept nodding without saying a word.

"I'll pick you in my mum's car," he said as I nodded.

The class was over already, as it was time to go down to the school hall for our French session, the most pathetic session ever given to us. I looked up to see everyone took their time in delaying the class, as I saw her already packed and ready for it.

"Somebody wants to be a favorite," I remarked loudly as she glanced at me and looked away. I felt strange. "Stop ignoring Nysa!" I spoke out as Chase and Jade both looked at me. Her eyes met mine as they held a very sincere and true emotion in them. For a minute I thought they were tears.

"Why would I want to ignore you Ryan?" She asked, her voice serious but soft. As if she was holding back a lot. I inhaled. It was her who broke the eye contact, when Derek held her arm and took Jade's hand and they left.

I sat there, very evidently harmed by her words. Chase tapped me on my shoulders to get my attention.

"Lets go or else we will be once again given detention," he said as I nodded.

*********
And that was Chapter 4 guys, hope you liked it, stay tuned in for the next one🙂🙂🙂.