Chapter 2: Real Deal

"NO WAY!" Hana screams.

"Shhh!" I say and cover her mouth with my hand. "We're in public."

"Yeah, outside a random college campus. After school. Sitting on a stone wall. Alone. No one is around! You nag too much..." she says.

"Merong." I say and stick my tongue out.

She sticks her tongue out as well. "But..." she started to fan herself. "Oh my God. Oh my God! OH MY GOD! You ACTUALLY get to stay with them! Oh my god!"

I roll my eyes. Obviously I'm not a hardcore...what is it... shawol...? I'm not a fan like she is so I don't know that feeling.

"Ooh, I'm so jealous! I wish I could take your place!" she gushes.

"Well, I'm actually a little bit glad that I could go. I want to join the music industry."

She pauses and stays stiff. "I don't even know what I want to do, and college applications are on their way." she sighs.

I look at her. "You said you wanted to be a writer."

"I do." she answers back. After a few seconds, she relaxes and smiles and says, "But good for you. You finally know what you wanna do in life. I'm happy for you."

My eyes widened. I blushed, clearly embarrassed and surprised that Hana was suddenly acting this way. She took my hand slowly, with a slow, dark red blush coming across her face as well.

"You know," she began, "If you ever move to Seoul, I won't get mad. If you follow your dreams, I won't get mad. And also, if you marry one of the SHINee members, I won't get mad either, as long as it's not Onew." she threateningly joked.

I giggled. Onew was Hana's bias. I held her hand firmly. "I wanted to thank you." I suddenly say.

She turns to me. "Why?

"Thank you for all those years that I would have spent alone if you weren't my friend. I remember... when I first moved back to Busan in 6th grade of elementary school. The only friend I made was you. Your so nice to me and...I feel like I don't deserve you..."

"No! Minji, don't say that. Suhyun became your friend in 7th grade and now you have tons and tons of friends. You sound like your leaving for Seoul right now instead of tomorrow!" she exclaimed, tears now brimming the corners of her eyes.

I squeezed her hand. "You're silly, Hana. Sorry...I made you cry.

She wiped away her tears with the back of her hand. "Sorry"

I laughed, and then she laughed too, but suddenly became serious, "But just so you know Minji... this is the real deal now. We're talking about your future. If you make one little mistake...you can't go back. Do you understand?"

I nod. "Yep."

"Good. So...let's go to your place today. I'll help you pack."

"Arasso." I answer back.

We walk back to my house, still holding hands.

***

I made sure to double check everything in my suitcase. It was getting hotter and hotter every day in Busan and I made sure to pack clothes that won't make me sweat.

Clothes? Check.

Toiletries? Check.

Phone, laptop, etc.? Check.

Chargers? Check.

Endless supply of make up and beauty products plus straightening and curling iron? Check.

I told myself I was ready...I think.

Hmmm, I think, What to do now? Hana left an hour ago...

My brother? Still at basketball practice...

My mom? Out with a friend...

All these thoughts are still in my mind as I think of what to do next.

I decide on saying goodbye to everything in my house so I don't have to do it tomorrow.

I walk around the living room and kitchen. Goodbye giant TV, crystal chandelier, and advocado coloured refrigerator. What a weird colour for a refrigerator.

Wow I think, My house is really pretty... Then something catches my eye. The line of photo frames sitting on a desk in the family room. I smile as memory by memory flashes through my mind. Then, I see the picture of my dad and I when I was 4. I can't help but think of the incident that happened to my father.

Painful memories flood my mind now.

"Dad..." I said aloud, picking up the picture frame. I'm afraid I might drop it, so I set it back down. A tear rolls down my cheek.

Wait. What?! Where did this stupid tear come from? I scrub furiously at it. Another one comes down.

I let this one go, just this time.

I sit gently on the hardwood floor, grabbing a pillow from the couch and hugging it. I don't wanna leave. I start to think about what Hana said this afternoon. And she's right.

This is the real deal.

_______________________

Author Hanuel: WWWWOOOOOOW 2ND CHAPTER ALREADY //Hi5s herself.

Hana: //rolls eyes// Your crazy, unnie.

Author Hanuel: Am I? Anyways, I'm kinda tired of typing "Author Hanuel" so I'm just going to type "Author nim."

Hana: Whatever you wish, unnie.

Minji: Sorry if unnie won't update more often. Her schedule is getting busier and school starts this Monday. Please forgive her!

Hana: Yeah! Unnie didn't do anything!

Author nim: Aww, thanks kids

Hana and Minji: *hugs Author nim* Your welcome unnie. ^o^

Author nim: Everyone, please vote, comment and share. Picture of Hana on the side. Annyeong! ^.^

Everyone: Annyeong!!

__________________________