charlotte..?

after the small embrace we pull away and talk about her time at college. shortly after our mum walks in the front door and smiles while running towards athena.
"i've missed you!!" she says while pulling athena into a tight hug.
"i've missed you too mum" she replies hugging mum back.

i decide to leave them to it so they can catch up so i head upstairs to my room and shut the door. damn. it's already been two weeks? that's really good. i'm proud of me.

i feed my goldfish Steve and watch as he produces little bubbles as he's nomming up his fishy flakes. watching Steve swim around his tank is really relaxing and such a calming thing to do when you're stressed. so basically what i'm saying is i'm practically glued to the fish tank with my eyes inches away from Steve half of the time.

i sit at my desk and pull out my drawing pad from my drawer and flip through the pages. i haven't drawn in a while and i think it's time that maybe i should start up again. i begin to sketch out a design not knowing fully what it is, it feels like my pencil has full control and i'm just along for the ride. as an hour goes by the drawing is finally done. i look down at my sketch pad and lay my eyes upon a drawing of charlotte. why did i draw charlotte?

i stare down at the drawing for a few moments questioning myself. i look at my hand with a confused look. "why'd you draw charlotte huh?" i say holding my hand up slightly.
i feel slightly weird, like someone's watching me. i glance around my room and lay my eyes on the window. i can see dark hair. is someone on the roof outside my window??

i shrug it off and label it as i'm seeing things.
next thing i know i hear knocking coming from the window. i look over and see charlotte. just as i'm about to open the window i remember the drawing. i quickly scramble back to my desk and hide it in my drawer. i open the window and charlotte climbs in.

"what do i owe this pleasure miss charlotte?" i say looking at her.
"i got bored, so i thought i'd come hang out with you" she smiles.
"oh- thanks? i mean- what do you wanna do?" i ask shutting the window.
she walks around my room slightly while looking around and she looks at me and smiles.
"anything, i don't mind"

so she just wanted to see me..? this is such a weird feeling. i've never had someone come out of there way to hang out with me before. what the heck do i do??

she looks at my untidy bed and begins to make it. fluffing up the pillows and straightening out my duvet. she takes a seat on the freshly made bed and continues to look around my room.
"you have a very nice room, it looks very comfortable and swag" she says with a slight laugh looking at my funky bright coloured drawings on the back of my door.
she looks over at my windowsill and sees my plants. she pretty much jumps out of her 'seat' and walks over to them. "i love your plants!" she says with a huge smile.

she likes my plants. i don't think i've ever received such a slight and genuine compliment.
i smile in return to hers. "they actually need watering if you want to help" i say getting up.
she nods and we go to the kitchen and fill up two mini watering cans. both my sister and my mum look behind them and see us in the kitchen. of course i forgot they were home.
"who's this?" athena pipes up.
i look at charlotte and back at athena. "this is charlotte, one of my friends from when i was younger. you remember her right?" i say turning off the tap.
"oh yeah, ashers twin sister right?" she responds.
charlotte nods.

with that conversation not going anywhere we go back upstairs and water the plants.
"do you wanna go somewhere other than here?" i ask.
"sure, anywhere in mind?" she responds.
i think about it for a second.
"yes sir" i say pulling her downstairs.
"we're going out" i say while walking out of the house.

while walking to the surprise location we talk about our interests and we actually have quite a lot in common. she likes marvel, anime and animals, just like i do.

i feel so happy and comfortable in her company already. i feel like i finally have friends again.