a day in my life

it's monday, my absolute favourite! i'm so excited to see all my friends at school!! oh wait- haha.

i pull myself out of bed and sit in the shower contemplating whether i actually want to mentally drain myself again for another week or if i want to stay in bed and read.

"PHOENIX YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE!" i hear my mum yell from downstairs. school it is.

i finish in the shower and get changed into jeans and a shirt. i grab my skateboard and leave for school.
skating is always peaceful, especially in the morning when it's quiet, except the other teenagers- fuck them.

i get to school and walk to my locker to get my books for my lessons. just as i shut my locker-

"BOO!" shouts Justin baker, a mean kid from my grade. i jump and stare at him. "and you did this because...?" i say while i pick up my skateboard.
"because i can?" justin laughs in reply and pushes me.

as i fall to the ground i make eye contact with sophie. great.
she comes running over to me and practically cradles me in her arms. "are you okay phee??" she asks in a concerned tone. "yup, just dandy" i say as i get up.

i walk to my first class and think about the gang. i've missed hanging out with them so much but i've got to get over it. it's been eight years now, i'm being pathetic.
although i miss hanging out with them i'm not particularly a fan of sophie and carson. don't get me wrong, they're still sorta my friends but ever since i started getting 'bullied' sophie has been all protective and carson's tried to give me 'bro to bro' talks.

as much as i appreciate their concern i don't see why i'm worth their time, i'm just boring old me.

i put my head on the desk and try to zone out from this boring ass class. nap time.

just as i shut my eyes i get pushed out of my chair. unlucky for me i land on my arm and a loud crunch is heard. my eyes widen as i realise what's just happened.
masses amounts of pain floods through my body and my biggest priority is DO. NOT. CRY.

i pick myself up off the floor and run out of the room and down the hall. i exit school and skate in the direction of the hospital. when i get there they examine my arm.
"what happened?" asks the nurse looking at my arm.
"i uh... got pushed off my chair at school" i say making eye contact with the floor.
"oh..." she says while putting the cast on my arm.

i stare at the cast and think about what my mum is going to say when i get home with a broken bone.

"you'll have to have this on for 6-8 weeks" says the nurse writing it down.
"thank you" i say while walking out.

i begin to skate home when i see a familiar face moving in down the street from me.