Volume 1 - Episode 10: The Stray

Weiss led Team RWBY+_ through the streets of Vale.

(Y/N) looked around as decorations for the Vytal Festival were being set up. (Y/N) had seen the set up for the Vytal Festival multiple times. Normally he'd go to watch in in the Crow Bar. It was really bizarre to think he'd actually be there in person.

"The Vytal Festival!" an excited Weiss said. "Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!"

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much, Weiss," Ruby said. "It's kinda weirding me out..."

"I've seen her smile a couple times," (Y/N) whispered.

"You're the only one," Yang whispered.

"I wonder why that is," (Y/N) said.

"How could you not smile?" Weiss said to Ruby while (Y/N) and Yang whispered to each other. "A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances! Parades! A tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking!"

Yang sighed, crossing her arms. "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring."

"Quiet, you!" Weiss said.

"Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?" Yang said.

"Ugh, they smell like fish!" Ruby said, covering her nose.

"I like fish," (Y/N) said. "I learned how to swim faster by studying their movements."

"I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today," Weiss explained. "And, as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom!"

"She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament," Blake said.

"You can't prove that!" Weiss scoffed.

Suddenly, Ruby's attention was drawn to a crime scene down the street.

"Whoa..."

The team approached the crime scene. The window was shattered, and two detectives stood in front of yellow police tape.

"What happened here?" Ruby said.

"Robbery," the first detective said, walking to his partner. "Second Dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle."

Yang sighed. "That's terrible."

"They left all the money again," the second detective said.

"Huh?"

(Y/N) turned to see Ruby's eyes widened, as though she had an idea as to who had done this.

"Yeah, just doesn't make a lick of sense," the first detective said. "Who needs that much Dust?"

"I don't know, an army?" the second said.

"You thinking the White Fang?"

"Yeah, I'm thinking we don't get paid enough."

"Hmph! The White Fang," Weiss said, crossing her arms. "What an awful bunch of degenerates!"

"What's your problem?" Blake asked.

"My problem?" Weiss said, turning to Blake. "I simply don't care for the criminally insane."

"The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths," Blake said, crossing her arms. "They're a collection of misguided Faunus."