nine.

"When you're dreaming with a broken heart,

And waking up is the hardest part."

John Mayer, Dreaming With A Broken Heart

. . .

recipient: ayodelelove@gmail.com

subject: i got your letters. all of them.

Okay, okay I get the big hint. Obliviously I was ignoring-

Just kidding! Haha!

Remember when trick emails were popular back in like, eight grade? They were absolutely hilarious! Some poeple actually lost frineds though, so um...

Okay, by now it should be oblivious that I suck at emails, I know I know. Please hear me out, Ayodele. I was wrong and I hate that it had to end this way. And though it may not officially be the end, I just want to let you know that I got your emails; in fact all of them.

And y'wanna know what I did with those letters? I read them. Every night, wallowing in pity at how much I've broken you. And it's worse vice versa; I cried (okay, that has been established), and I wrote emails but this? This is the only one I'm sending.

Dele, you told me your password in eight grade, remeber? And I may have kind of maybe logged in to your account and checked those unsent emails. Somewhat stalkerish, somewhat rude, sorry. So technically, I didn't recieve your letters, I kind of sneaked and read them.

Woah baby, the BIG SECRET IS OUT!

I hated that movie. You know, just like I hate Kyverie. She was a jerk in disguise. A masquerade, a facade, whatever you like to call she, is was just that. She kissed me when she saw you near and don't think I didn't catch those glares she gave you. They were mean, vicious glares that not even the heartiest man wouldn't cower from.

Dele, you know how much I hate change. And when I began to date Kyverie, I realized just why. She was the exact opposite of you. When we were alone and not in the school's eye (you know, as The Perfect Couple), she'd scream and fuss at me about how she swore she saw me eyeing you down. What's her deal with you?

Anyway, I've gotta come to...

Jacob pauses, lies in bed and then sighs before getting back up to write the rest.

Let's get something straight: you. hurt. me. I can't entirely blame it on you, but hey there's enough shame to go around for everybody. And look Ayodele, it feels so gut wrenching to say it now, in these conditions; you've gone missing because of me and I'm just now writing this three days later, but,

I love you.

Yes, I said it. And if by fate, you somehow get this email-letter, please come back. For me.

Love-, wait no, Sincerely Ja-, no just. From, your dear beloved, Jacob.

When I finish writing the letter, I shut my computer off and bury my face in my hands. Why did this have to happen to me? My love is gone. That's when I feel them.

Those darn tears threatening to fall.