three.

"Am I being a fool?

Wrapped up in lies and foolish truths.

What do I see in you?

Maybe I'm addicted to all the things you do."

Nicki Minaj, Grand Piano (Theme Song #2)

. . .

I run.

I run all the way home, despite the cold weather, or the dangers of the slippery ice and creepy pedophiles lining the roads. I have to release it all, but that?

That was the last straw!

Watching you glare directly in my eyes as you kiss her right outside of school doors. And everyone watches and praises you and her and they snap a bunch of photos and..

I know it'll be all down my feed and I just can't take it.

Bursting through the door of my home, I angrily but helpfully stomp the ice off my boots. I shrug my backpack off my shoulders once I reach my room, the heavy sack landing on the ground with a thump.

I rush to the computer and cry.

Cry, cry, cry.

After at least a good hour of releasing my tears, I hear Mom entering the house, the keys' little jingle sounding as she places them on the table.

"Dele?" She calls. She sounds worried so I hurry and wipe my eyes and sniff up the remaining sadness in my nose.

"Dele" reminds of Jacob and how he called me that earlier and I want to cry more.

But I don't.

When I head downstairs to greet Mom, my phone buzzes and repeatedly vibrates my whole thigh. Someone is blowing up my phone!

I tug it from my pocket and glance at the message.

Unknown number: Ayodele!

Unknown number: Hey!

Unknown number: Remember me?

Unknown number: I found your number in my phone.

Unknown number: Please text back!

And then the last one:

Unknown number: It's me, Jacob.

I nearly faint at how you got my number and once again I forget that we once dated.

I unlock my phone and send you simple text.

Me: Leave me alone please, Jacob.

Even though I didn't mean it and really wanted the texts to keep coming in, I regret it and right after I notice the 'read' recipient but I still shut off my phone.

"You're rolling your eyes at your phone again." My mom said blatantly. I look up, sigh, and nod.

"Sorry." i mumble.

Is it him?" She asks, smiling a bit as a lovesick type sigh escapes her lips. I silently nod again. Yeah, it's him. It's always him.

"Come to Mama." Mom cooes, spreading her arms out wide.

And I run to them, thinking they're yours.

. . .

Old cover in the MM :)