two.

"You found me dressed in black

Hiding way up at the back

Life had broken my heart into pieces."

Sia, Dressed In Black

. . .

Going to school never tickles my fancy.

Especially when I have to encounter you and her and them, filling the hall with your daily dose of commotion. Today, I try to walk past you unnoticed again on my way to Science, but somehow, you catch my heartbroken gaze. In a panic, I push my head down and keep moving forward.

"Ayodele!"

I hear your voice clearly despite the exceedingly loud chatter in the hallway. You want me! And, as much I don't want to, I ignore you. I squeeze my books tighter in my arms, and yes, it hurts. The sharp edges of my books jab at my inner forearms as I escape from your gaze.

"Ayod-"

Easily slipping Mr. Carter's science class, your voice drones out with the door closing and the students' chatter goes along. I make my way to the quiet, half-empty classroom, all the way to the back like I was before I dated you and after you rejected me.

Why would you want me? A stupid, silly, yet desperate girl who just wants a piece of your heart anyway? What you don't realize, Jacob, is that that's all I'm asking for. Arranging my books appropiately on my desk, I take a deep breath and prepare for class, like I should.

*

After class, I promptly fear exiting Mr. Carter's classroom. You were out there with her. I nearly dash through the hallway to evade your attention, and guess what?

I succeed!

But then I forget the fact that we once dated and that you'd meet me at my locker every morning with a new gift; a rose, a box of cholocates, even balloons of my favorite color! It was the most romantic thing you've ever done and-

"Dele." I look up to see you leaning on my locker, a menacing smirk plastered on your face. I look into your brown eyes, those brown eyes, and nearly faint.

I miss those.

I miss you.

I miss us.

"My name is Ayodele." I correct, making an effort not to come off as discourteous (like you were wth my heart).

And you just lick your lips; those big, perfectly shaped lips that when mine connected with them, I swore sparks would fly. But all good things must come to an end, and so the spark died out along with your love for me.

"Ayodele," You slyly repeat my first name with a slight husk.

"As much as I want to hate you, I can't." I mutter, mostly to myself. I hear you whimper out of a nearly spraked curiosity.

"Hm?" You ask.

"A-and I don't know if you got my email or.." I trail off, unable to finish.

"I've just got one question, Jacob, hear me out!" I instantly beg. She comes up next to you and slithers her arm around yours, locking eyes with you and smiling all googly-eyed. You peck her, right in front of me, and then turn back to meet my torn (but I smile it off!) gaze.

"You were saying?"

I stutter while I try to recount what I was previously attempting to admit. But you were off, down the hallway and not all ears like just were moments ago, instead listening to her corny love quotes and then you'll laugh, forgetting my completely. And everyone stares as you, Jacob (King) and her (Queen), amble down the hall, hand in hand, like the beautiful couple that you are.

"I just want a piece. That's all." I mumble, clutching onto my book as I fight back those darn tears threatening to fall.

. .

Okay, so a quick rundown of what's going: A girl named Ayodele has been heartbroken by Jacob and, when not even a day after breaking up, had another girl (refered to as her, she). In the first letter (in "zero."), Ayodele explains that how she took the rejection. In the email (in "one."), she explains that all is wants from him is just a small place back in his heart, even the slightest bit. Yeah, she's truly desperate lol.

Now (this chapter), she goes to school and encounters Jacob who seems to be curious about her again, but then his girlfriend shows up and Ayodele looses her words. Hope that helped. -Monique (Mo)