one.

"And I'll still be a fool,

I'm a fool for you."

Ariana Grande, Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart (Theme Song #1)

. . .

recipient: kingjperez@gmail.com
subject: I miss you

Hey Jacob.

It's me, Ayodele. You'll probably never (ever) get this email but, I just really want to let you know that I miss you. Again.

But like, I really do. Um, you see, when you left me, I didn't take it as easy as you did. In fact, you probably didn't care as soon as you dropped me from your crew.

You have her and I have no one. No exaggeration there.

And you'll probably never figure out how I obtained your email (because I don't even know how myself.) But please Jacob, with all the desperation left in me, all I'm asking for is a piece of your heart.

Yours and yours only.

That's all I want.

- Love, Ayodele (a desperate, heartbroken victim of your love)

*

I couldn't bring myself to hit send after pouring my heart into that email. I mean, who even sends emails anymore? It was probably some dumb account that you made in like the seventh grade because then, that was the "thing to have." Of course I'd made one too, just to fit in, but I abandoned it.

Just like you did me.

Maybe I'm just your email account; abandoned and forgotten by you yourself. Maybe you just created it, sent and checked a few emails, and never looked back. Maybe you just moved on to something better; an upgrade.

I, Ayodele (aka, your seventh grade computer with old, unopened emails that no one has) am nothing compared to her (a brand new iPhone six that everyone either has or wants.)

You, Jacob, want that brand new iPhone six. You, Jacob, have that iPhone six. And along with that upgrade comes your full heart.

An upgrade that I want a piece of.