16

Liam's POV

My teeth chattered together as my body shivered while I curled into a ball to keep as much body heat as possible. My back was pressed against the ally wall so at leas part of me would be protected from the wind. Loud music poured out of the club I was leaning against but I didn't really mind it; it drowned out the sound of people screaming and police sirens going off.

It's been 12 days.

Well more like 12 days, 15 hours, and about 30 minutes. They would realize what they did soon and would come to find me.

They didn't mean it when they kicked me out. They were just mad, they always felt bad after a few days, I just needed to give them a few more days.

That had become my mantra for the past week and I honestly starting to get sick of it but I didn't have any other option. If my parent's didn't come find me then I was screwed.

I had no family other than them, I didn't have any friends to stay with for a while, and if I went to the cops they would probably figure out that I was the one who stole that car a few weeks ago.

So I was stuck here.

Sitting against an alley wall, filthy, starving, and probably going hypothermic.

"Okay kid," a voice called out from the mouth of the alley, making me jump. My head snapped up to look at him and he was honestly kind of terrifying. "I let you stay here all day and most of the night but now I need you to clear out. You're starting to scare off people and I can't have that so I need you to leave."

"Okay, I'll leave," I say with a sigh but I only said that to make him go back inside. My parents always found me here, if I left now they wouldn't know where to come get me.

"You said that last time and you ended up staying for the rest of the night. My boss is going to be pissed if I let you stay here tonight. Please just leave and save both of us some trouble."

When I don't answer this time the guy sighs and goes back inside, which made me feel a little better but I knew he would be back so I didn't let myself celebrate.

I allow my head to rest against the wall as I wait for the guy to get his boss. My eyes start to feel heavy and my stomach begins to ache as I ball up even more.

"How fucking hard is it to get a fucking kid out of an alley," some cursed as they came to the opening. I expected for him to stop there and yell at me like the other guy did but he doesn't stop until he's standing above me with a scowl on his face.

His black hair was tied in a messy bun and he had a mean looking scar under his eye as he looked down at me with pure rage.

"Get up," he seethed out but I only rolled my eyes as I looked away from him. His glare hardened as he reached behind his back and pulled out a gun before pointing it at me. "Get out of here before I unload all of this into your god damn stomach."

I can't help the small laugh that escapes me as I look at him. His glare turns into an unreadable expression as I push myself up and lean against the wall just to keep myself from falling over.

"We both know you aren't going to do shit," I whispered to him just so his friends wouldn't hear me.

I was honestly bluffing. I had no idea what he would or wouldn't do but my dad always said that I was really good at reading people so if I had a feeling, just go with and see where it take you. Come to think of it though, going with my feelings is how I ended up but here so I probably shouldn't actually take that advice anymore.

I must have been right though. The guy only gave out a sigh as he let the gun drop down to his side.

"What are you even doing at here? If you're trying to be a hooker or a dealer, you need to start dressing the part and you need to be closer to the opening."