𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

This part will be in Elliana's pov.

Waiting for the referee to blow the whistle, I was bouncing my leg in anxiety and impatience.

Theo's mum was a row in front of me and I was surrounded by my friends and their respective partners, also knows as boyfriends, a few seats away.

Initially, the plan was to have all girls night, but Sergio being part of us couldn't stay out of it. Which let of all of the English boys to join.

Before the realization hit them. They were actually playing in that game.

Then they spilled it all to Christian, who on his way told the Bayern boys about it.

Lucas being Lucas, even made a map and certain way for everyone to sit at the stadium.

The female group on one side so we still have our privacy, but not too far away from the lads. So they can see and hear everything, but without being glued to us.

I still don't understand the need for all that.

Half the boys won't be up in the stands with us. They have to focus on the match, not on our night.

And Mama Hernandez? She was just watching her sons play and occasionally keep an eye on me.

Right now Theo was doing some lunges, Ben speaking something to him that made him laugh.

Only ten minutes before the game starts.

Before the final game starts and I have to think what the hell I am going to do from then on.

With the corner of my eye, I caught Lucas running away from Giroud, but his brother put his leg on the way. Lucas tripped over it and fall face down on the grass.

Laugh erupted within the French team, but it quickly died when Deschamps sent a glare in their way motioning to get back inside for final preparations.

I stoop up on my feet too see of Theo will look in my direction and he did. Waving to me before being pulled away and towards the tunnel by Kylian.

" Things good between you two?"

Alicia rested her arm on my shoulder and asked.

" We are going strong. Nothing really changed."

" Even with a baby on the way."

Saying the last few words a bit too loud, Alicia caught everyone's attention and we were greeted by shocked stares.

" Baby?"

" On the way?"

" Lucas was right!?"

Questions started to rain towards me and I looked at my friend dead in the eyes.

I still haven't told anyone and I was not planning to do it tonight, or in that way.

" Yes, call Lucas Nostradamus from now on."

" And why we didn't know about this information."

Fleur cross her arms in front of her chest and was ready to lead the interrogation.

" I was going to tell you soon. I am still trying to figure it out myself."

" Don't worry. At least you have a ton of babysitters."

" If it turns out a flirt like his father, I am not taking care for him or her."

Hannah made that clear and we all laughed at her words.

I can see where this is coming from.

Selena placed her hand on my other shoulder, but the moment was interrupted from Sveta who shouted.

" Game is starting!"

...

Twenty minutes left.

France equalised just a minute ago and I was on the edge of my seat all night.

To quickly summarize the game and everything that have happened in the fast seventy minutes.

Early in the game, after a perfect cross from Trent Alexander-Arnold landed on Dominic Calvert-Lewin's head and the first goal was part of history.

After a long sprint down the left hand side, Theo passed the ball to Antoine, but my boyfriend was tackled by Maguire.

Unfortunately for England, the later picked up an injury and was forced out thirty minutes into.

It all resulted into a penalty for France, but Benzema missed from the spot.

The second half offered five goals, up to this moment, and all of us was on the verge of a nerve crisis.

For everyone who doesn't watch football, welcome. This is what the beautiful game does to you.

Five minutes left now.

Would it be embarrassing to admit I was that close to bursting into tears after all of the emotions.

" Theo Hernandez, running down the wing once again. The guy looks like he was fed on rocket fuel tonight."

There was a commentator right behind me and was giving me a very detailed description of all the players tonight.

I didn't need to hear such a description of Ben Chilwell's hair, but yet I did.

" Could he finish it here? Theo Hernandez! Can he win the game for France tonight? He can!"

4-3 for the French national team.

Injury time winner sending half the stadium in pure ecstasy.

The other half was as quiet as never.

Honestly, I have never seen the English fans so soundless, so silent. They always have something to say. No offense here.

It took me a second or two to actually process everything, but the moment I saw Theo right in front me, down on the pitch, hands up in the air and his brother climbing on his back.

" I love you."

I mouths the words to him, but he still understood and returned the gesture by forming a heart with his hands.

" Can you please marry my son? Like right now."

Laurence turned to face me.

In that same moment, hearing the final whistle, I was thinking the same way as her.

World cup trophy in his hands, holding it above his head, knowing him only for a month, but I knew I found my person.

Wow, France winning, unlike last night. Thought on that?

Feel like we are nearing the end, anything, you haven't seen and you want?