𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

" Thank you for coming. What did you managed to learn so far?"

Leijla put down her pen and paper on the round table and looked each one of the footballers in front of her.

She felt like she was King Arthur and the lads were he knights.

" Absolutely..."

" Nothing."

Manuel and Christian finished their sentence in defeated tone.

The more they were trying, the less information they were finding.

Sneaking into conversations was unsuccessful. Neither playing dumb and clueless, when asking questions.

" We tried talking with some of the workers, but either they refused to cooperate or were not allowed to talk to us."

Mason added feeling like they have come to a dead end.

" Even worse. Me and Lucas, along with the rest of the team, were told if we keep digging we are putting at risk our participation in the World Cup."

Theo folded his arms in front of his chest.

He was fully aware of what is going to happen if France were forced out of the competition and what will happen with his career afterwards.

He was not fully sure it wasn't worth the risk yet.

" I don't know what to do."

Looking back at all the papers in front of her, the lawyer sighed after hearing what the French and the rest said.

Her case has been held on hold for weeks now, with little to no progression. The same sentences written on the white pages, countless of highlighted and circled notes. All important and all leading to same dead end street.

The same situation she always finds herself in recently.

" Then, for now, there is nothing more to ask from you."

" You can't be giving up, Leijla."

Mason straightened his back, worried look on his face.

He was going to ask her on a date later.

" I am not. Just need more time and something to grab on."

" And we will find that something I promise."

The Englishman midfield stretched his hand to grab hers and squeeze it.

...

Waiting for her shift to end, Elliana was tapping her fingernails on the desk, counting down the minutes, listening to her co-worker Nina.

They weren't the bestest friends.

" I am telling you."

Nina emphasized on each one of her words.

" The people down in the kitchen know something we don't. But I eavesdropped them the other day and I learnt what it's."

The brunette girl lowered her voice, careful as she didn't want anyone else to hear.

Despite the fact that the next possible moment she was going to tell everyone who works in the hotel.

" Seriously? And what is it?"

" Amal, is getting married. Emir proposed her like a few days ago. But that's not everything."

Pretending she was interested in the conversation, the Bulgarian turned to look at Nina.

" They want to do the wedding in the desert, which in my opinion is the worst idea ever. Imagine the mess. At least I think we will be invited."

Halfway through the sentence, Elliana lost track of what the other girl was saying, after seeing Theo approaching the reception desk.

Without saying a word, she started walking in his direction, relieved she was finally away from Nina.

" Elliana? You better be fucking him or this whole thing is not worth it."

Nina turned on her heals to walk away, but was faced with the displeased look of the older ladies sort a few metres away.

" I saw you bored out of your mind and decided to come see you."

Resting his hands on the desk, after placing a kiss on Elliana's cheek, Theo cocked his head in Nina's direction.

" And I own you big for this."

" Well, I have something in mind you can do for me."

Platform smirk dancing on his lips, quickly erased from his face when the blonde not so softly hit his arm with her notepad.

" Only in your dreams."

" If only you were aware of my dreams, Ana."

Another hit followed.

" Stop hitting me or I will miss the quarterfinals."

" I can live with that."

She aimed at his other arm, but this time Theo avoided it and grabbed her weapon.

" I am taking this with me. It's in the wrong hands here."

" Yet, you want this wrong hands somewhere."

I'm sorry about the case. Promise we will find a solution. I am better with solving murder cases.

I also made up my mind. Wales and Croatia for me at the Euro