Chapter 40 || Speaking Up For Myself

L I Z

This morning, Aaron sat beside me while I called my Dad, and he agreed to meet with me at a cemetery. It took me a moment to understand why—— my mother. We are going to see my mother today.

Right now, Aaron's driver is at the wheel and Aaron and I are in the backseat—— nope, not that backseat, and I don't know why I just thought about that beautiful orgasm memory.

We arrive the cemetery and Aaron kisses me, telling me how strong I am and how I can do this.
I tell him to wait in the car and he does just that, telling me that everything is going to be okay, but I have to do this first.

I step out of the car, and I spot my father seated next to a stone, white roses in his hands. I look down at the white roses in mine, and then our eyes meet. I can see the pain on his face, the regret. I walk towards him, and I seat next to him, dropping the roses in front of the stone written,

Veronica Anders
(1973 - 1999)

My mother.

"I loved Veronica," my father starts, "and I still do, even in death—— I come here every time you add a year, because I was with her when she died," He croaks, "There was so much blood, so much blood, it was so much that I thought I'd lose you too,"

"Can I—— Can I see a picture of her?" I ask and he fumbles with his wallet. He gives me a picture of a beautiful brown haired woman— the kind in my dreams as a child. She has deep cobalt eyes, just like mine and full pink lips......I really look like her, exactly like her.

"You look like her.....a lot.... sometimes I couldn't stand looking at you, because she was all I thought about," He sighs.

"And Jason's Mom?"

"A contract marriage.......our parents wanted us to get married to build their empire, I loved my Father and I didn't want to disappoint him.....I loved Veronica way before I got married..... Veronica coming to be out housekeeper and nanny was all my idea, I wanted to be close to her.....so when my contract wife travelled to Paris, I saw that as an opportunity to be with the woman I loved. Elizabeth, I know this whole thing is messed up——,"

"You treated me like a stranger, all these years and you expect me to believe you that you love my mother?" Tears stream down my cheeks.

"Elizabeth——,"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I cry even more.

"I named you Elizabeth!" He yells out, "My mother's maiden name was Elizabeth, she told me to give that name to the child of the love of my life.....she was talking about Veronica,"

"So that's it, you're going to act like a victim now?" I laugh sarcastically as I hear Aaron's car door bang closed. "So Jason, did you know about all the shit he put me through?" My voice breaks.

"Elizabeth——,"

"The only person that saw me as human was Kim, the rest of you treated me like garbage, and Mom was only nice when Kim was home," I pause, standing to my feet, "she called me a whore at your public event and you didn't do anything, she starved me and you didn't do anything, Jason's friends almost took my innocence and You. Didn't. Do. Anything!" I scream. "I felt invisible, I wanted to go back to the so called orphanage, I tried to find any memories of my real parents but all I got were dreams and darkness and you expect me to buy your bullshit story!"

He makes an attempt to walk away but I stop him.

"No! You don't get to walk away from this like a coward, you will stand there and you will listen to everything I have to say, because that's the only reason I agreed to meet with you,"