Chapter 21 || Party Poopers

WARNING: Mature Content Ahead!!!

L I Z

"Is it just me or did this month without Aaron go really fast?," Yvonne asks as we eat pizza in our kitchen.

I totally agree with her. This month without Aaron went really fast, not to mention, Aaron and the guys are heading back from Atlanta today and—— here's the best part—— we're going to pick them up. I get to be the first face Aaron lays eyes on, the moment he gets off the plane. I know I'm not supposed to be too excited, but I am and it's kinda freaking me out.

And here's the best part, Diane and Yvonne are officially together. I know right! I'm excited for my bestie, even though that means she won't always spend her nights here, I'm excited nonetheless. If my bestie is happy, then I'm happy.

Did I mention that college has gotten super stressful because I'm graduating in a couple of months?

I now own a Shopify. And I've made three hundred dollars in the past three weeks. I spend an average of five hours packaging things for delivery so as to be up to date whenever people place orders. For now, only a couple of people know about my business—— thanks to Diane and social media, and even though I'm earning slowly, I'm proud of myself for finally putting my ideas to reality.

Aaron and I have had tons of phone sex over the past three weeks. My favorite is whenever we Skype, I love watching his glowing face. Yep, I'm insane. I also love it whenever Nick interrupts us just to say hi to me. Not interrupting the Skype sex, but the convos we have. Aaron is more interested in my new business than I thought he'd be. This is freaking me out because earlier today, he shared one of the lip gloss pictures on my Instagram to his Instagram story. And the caption was, "Get your lips glossed by @liane." Did I giggle at the caption? Yes. Did Diane call Aaron and threaten to burst his balls but also thanking him for the unexpected but amazing action? Hell, yes.

I'm dressed in a pair of stonewash denim jeans and a lilac Mandarin collar shirt and a pair of lilac simple pumps. I'm staring at the huge mirror Diane had installed in the kitchen just in case she forgot to check herself in her room. She's funny weird, but she's my favorite kind of weird. My hair is a long ponytail and I'm putting on my favorite makeup— Nude.

A knock on the door startles us and I offer to get it. Only that when I get it, the excitement on my face disappears. Because it's Jason.

"What are you doing here?," I ask. He's dressed in casual clothes. Polo and khakis. Weird. And he looks like he hasn't slept in weeks. I mentally smack myself for being worried about his sleep.

"It's nice to see you too," he says in a calm tone.

"What do you want?," I ignore his shot at being friendly.

"You're not gonna let me in?," He asks again.

"Liz is everything fine out there?!," Diane yells from the kitchen. I want to tell her that everything isn't fine, but I also want to believe that I can take care of this by myself. "Yes, everything's fine!," I yell back as I lock the door and follow Jason to the driveway.

He looks inside my SUV and he sees the LiAne packaging bags. Then a grin appears on his face. "You started a business, I didn't think you had it in you," there's no offense to his tone only curiosity, but if there's anyone that can be the best form of a chameleon, it's Jason.

"What. Do. You. Want?," I ask again.

"West, stop fucking him," he says and my heart stops. He came here to talk about Aaron? What is his problem?

"Are you serious right now?," I roll my eyes. "Look, if that's the reason you came here......you have to leave....I've got better things to do," and now I'm proud of myself for standing up to him, even though my voice is shaking a bit.