Afterword

✧・゚:

And I, wish we didn't say goodbye

'Cause we're just standing still

And I don't really know what tomorrow holds

But I've, I've finally realised

If this is our last goodbye until we're gone

Who cares about the wrongs we've 'caused ourselves

'Cause I don't wanna watch the world end with someone else.

- Clinton Kane

(For better reading experience, play the song while reading ^^) 

✧・゚:

Afterword

As I stand here at the edge of the place where two people offer their lives for each other, I knew that I would bring my mistakes, decisions, and my regrets until the end of my life.

Everyone kept saying congratulations, but I think they're the only ones happy.

When I first saw her dance, something about Damien's sister captivated something in me. It was her elegant steps, her sincere smiles, her innocent laughs.

Pero una palang, alam ko nang mali ang magkagusto sa kanya. The world hated us, it simply didn't want us to be together. It gave me multiple signs that it was impossible for us to be together, but no matter what the world told me, I always silently liked her.

I couldn't stop smiling when I first noticed she had a crush on me. Hindi ko alam kung bakit araw-araw ay gusto ko nalang pumasok para makita siya kahit magkaiba kami ng section.

"Damien, kapatid mo ata 'yan." A classmate pointed out during 7th grade. Sabay pa kaming lumingon ni Damien at naabutan ko siyang nakatingin sa room namin sa bintana lang. It looked like she was looking for something.

I couldn't help myself and turned to look at her.  Her long hair accentuating her slender face and her natural rosy cheeks...hindi ko alam kung bakit simula nang makita ko siya ay palagi na rin siyang hinahanap-hanap ng mata ko.

When she caught my eye, she immediately turned red and started walking away. Naguguluhang tiningnan ito ni Damien pero hindi nalang pinansin.

That was the first time it had happened, but it wasn't the last.

She'd come to visit the room almost every day with different reasons every time. May hihiramin siya kay Damien, may nakalimutang sabihin, may ibabalik, may pinapasabi sa kanya ang kaklase niya sa kapatid niya, and the list goes on. Iba iba bawat araw, pero ang tanging napansin ko ang namumula niyang pisngi at pag-iwas ng tingin kada pumupunta siya roon.

It was cute.

"I don't know how to eat that..." Mahinang banggit ko nang dalhin nila ako sa labas para raw mag street foods.

"Tuturuan kita!" She happily exclaimed, getting a stick for me. "Ayan, hawakan mo lang 'to."

Binigay niya sa'kin ang stick at hinawakan ang kamay ko para gabayan kaya sabay kaming tumutusok sa mga pagkain do'n. "Ganiyan lang! Lagay mo sa sauce, masarap 'yan!" She smiled, getting another one for her.

"Hala, ba't parang 3rd wheel ako rito?!" Damien complained and got another one for him before paying for it.

"Epal ka kasi!" Seraphine laughed as she chewed her food, and when I turned to look at her, her simplicity simply amazed me.