All x Deaf reader Part 3

Start from the beginning

Ten minutes later, after enduring Raph's angry pacing and ranting, Donnie's lab door opened and (y/n) stepped out, smiling at Donnie as she walked past the others with a wave. Without looking at her, the other shoved past Donnie and into his lab, locking the door behind them.

"So?" Leo asked, taking a seat on Donnie's lab chair as he chewed his lip nervously. He was scared for (y/n). What if Donnie's device took away all of her hearing- forever? What if she was never able to hear again or started bleeding from her ears? He didn't want that for her. They were supposed to help people, so if Donnie couldn't do this for her, then what else would they have? Nothing and that meant (y/n) would have no problem leaving them. She would hate them forever, and Leo didn't know if he would be able to handle that.

"It went perfectly." Donnie said nonchalantly, as if he hadn't just given a girl the ability to hear with a little pin that would be undetectable for anyone besides him. Sometimes, Donnie was a little annoying with how smart he was, but everyone knew that, so they just waited for him to keep talking.

"So, when is she gonna be able to start hearing?" Mikey almost shouted and Donnie sucked his lips into his mouth as he pondered.

"S-should be tomorrow. I set it for then so it would have all night to start working and we'd have tomorrow to explain it to her. Now, if you'll excuse me, I deserve some rest." Donnie shooed his brothers out of his lab as he followed and locked the door behind them- making his way into his rarely-used bedroom to take a short nap.

"So, tomorrow then?" Leo asked with a short pause. Raph nodded and Mikey smiled as they all wandered off towards their respective rooms.

"Ugh, when is she going to wake up?" Raph grumbled as he set his chin in the palm of his hand, watching cartoons with Mikey as the latter stuffed a pizza into his mouth. Mikey shrugged as he glanced towards (y/n)'s room, where she still hadn't emerged.

"And where are Donnie and Leo?" He complained again as Mikey's eyes widened with annoyance as he dropped the pizza and put his hands over his mouth.

"Oh my-" He mouthed exasperatedly as he turned to look at Raph, who was suddenly beside him.

"You were saying?" He grinned before dropping it and lunging towards Mikey, who let out a shriek.

"Raph!"

"Raph, no! Please!" (Y/n)'s eyes opened slowly and she looked around, blearily, groaning gently. She'd been rudely woken up by something that she'd forgotten about. Maybe it was a dream if she couldn't even remember it, but she didn't want to think about it too much as it was still too early in the morning.

Then, she froze in place, halfway off the bed as she felt something. A vibration in the ground? No. What was it then?

"Raph!" Someone's voice cut through the air and into (y/n)'s ears, reaching her ears with a sense of urgency she'd never felt before. Was- was she hearing? Was that Mikey's voice she was actually hearing? Was it a dream? Was she still asleep? She must've been because otherwise, she would be dead. Right?

"Raph, get off of him!" She heard a different voice strain as she crept over to the door and cracked it open. She noticed Raph sitting on the back of Mikey's shell as he pouted and groaned, trying to push Raph off of him. Leo was standing in front of the two with his hands on his hips as he glared down at them. She didn't hear anything for a few seconds as everyone stayed silent, but then Donnie walked by and waved at her, whispering a "hello".

Then, she screamed.

Everyone rushed over to where (y/n) was standing by Donnie, still screaming her head off as Donnie stood by her, grasping her hands in his. (Y/n) obviously was terrified, eyes darting around as she stared at the brothers, who all looked at Donnie.

"(Y/n). (Y/n)!" Donnie finally got her attention and she began sobbing loudly as she looked at him, confusion written in her eyes. "(Y/n), listen to me, okay? I put a pin I made in your ear to help you hear again. It's not going to hurt you- it just brought your hearing back. Okay? You have to calm down right now." (Y/n), after hearing this explanation, put her hand against her ear and looked up at Donnie, who smiled gently down at her.

"It's okay, (y/n). You're okay." Mikey stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her, holding her to his chest as she began crying again, the sound filling her ears. She didn't know what to do. She hadn't been able to hear since she was a baby, and now, she was listening to Donnie tell her that she was fixed. He had fixed her with a pin he put in her ear. She wasn't deaf anymore. She couldn't believe it. She could hear again.

(Y/n) whimpered as she pulled all the boys to her, whimpering out unintelligible words as she continued to cry into Mikey's chest.

Though she didn't say it, she was eternally grateful to the boys for helping her with everything. She loved them as much as she could love anyone, and that was something she'd carry until her ears gave out on her for the last time.

ohhhhhh myyyyyy gooooooosh- i take my tsi in two days and im scared cuz ive been reading kenma books instead of studying for a week and a half.