Chapter 12 Right Path Part 1

I open my eye's and found myself in my bedroom.

"What in the-" I whispered to myself. I wasn't dreaming was I? I mean....I couldn't be? I stood up and saw that my room was full of colorful leafs making a path. I started to follow the path and it lead me to my backyard.

" I was here but how did I end up in my room?" I thought to myself. I was talking to my grandma last night at was sure that I was not sleep walking. I went back inside finding out a note from grandma in the kitchen. But there was something inside that letter because it was wrapped up. I checked if my parents were still sleeping and as I passed by the hallway, yes, they are still asleep so I decided to open the letter. Inside the letter was a gold locket with a blue stone in the middle. But my grandma didn't write anything on it. I open the locket and whispered the words that were carved inside the it.
"Listen with your heart, you will understand."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So your grandma left?" Asked my mom.

"Yeah, she left mom."I answered. Everyone was so shocked by how my grandma just left all of a sudden. Could she have just came because of ............hm......last night was really rare. I still can't believe it.

"Mom, Dad, is it okay if I go take a walk on the park this afternoon. I think I need to go explore new things." I said trying to convince my parents to let me go. To my surprise, they did let me go. I got ready and grabbed my keys.

"I'll be back in a few hours." I yelled as I was closing the door. I walked outside feeling the cool breeze. The park wasn't that far from my house and I remember me and Aiden used to come here every once in a while and talk about our childhood adventures. There was nobody in the park today. It was just me. I was giving some bread to some birds when I saw a boy walking on the other side of the park and trying to find where to sit. I believe he was blind because he had dark glasses and a stick just similar like the one I used to have. I finished giving the birds there bread and went to go help him.

" I'm sorry but do you need help?" I asked. The boy stopped and followed my voice. He didn't say anything  until 5 minutes later he said my name.

"Laila?" He asked. My whole body frozed and I knew who it was.

"Aiden?"