Chapter 8 Surprise

So today was the day.......things would change.... I would be able to see. For some reason, I had a feeling I would miss the darkness not because of not being able to see but because it has always been part of me and I have grown used to it. I grabbed my stick for the last time and waited for my mom to be done. My dad actually came with us this time and I was sitting in the back of the car. I felt like a child again. My parents were obviously talking about how excited they were.  But of course I was thinking about something else. I was thinking about Aiden. I wonder what was the colors of his eye's? I never did asked him that question. Maybe I'll finally get to see the beautiful color of his eye's that made him fall deeply in love for a girl like me. We arrived at the hospital and my dad open up the door for me. We walked in but Aiden wasn't there neither was his father. Where were they? We were waiting in the room when I decided to go ask. I couldn't wait any longer.

"Mom, dad, I'll be right back, I just have to ask the nurse a question." I said as my parents said yes and I walked out the door. I was waiting in line when it was finally my turn.

" Is Dr. Culcartni here?" I asked.

"No, is his not here today but Dr. Jones will be doing your surgery in about 15 minutes. I'm sorry, I forgot to give you this, you might want to change because they are almost about to pick you up. Do you need help?" Asked the nurse.

"No thank you." I said. I turned around and started to head over back to my room. I was crying. Where did he go? I was with him just a couple of hours ago and u can't find him anywhere. I felt a hole punched through my chest. Did he leave me? Did his mom finally convince him? Before I went inside the room where my parents were waiting for me, I cleaned my eyes and went inside the little bathroom and came out with I suppose one of those type of dresses you wear at the hospital. It didn't took long for the man to come and pick me up on one of those hospital beds. I laid down and before the man took me, my parents started to cry.

"Mom, Dad, it's okay, no matter what happens, remember that I am happy, and that I have the most wonderful parents in the world. I love you guy's." I said. That made them cry even more. They both gave me a kiss on the forehead and I left.  I was just thinking about Aiden when the man interrupted my thoughts.

"You are one very lucky person." Said the man who was strolling my bed. Why did he say that?

"Sorry what?" I asked as he open the door and we went inside.

"I love you Laila." Said Aiden.

"Aiden?" I asked as I felt myself feeling dizzy and drowning into a deep sleep.