Chapter 28: Brothers Forever

Start from the beginning

Burned out, always slack

Now I got a platinum plaque

And life seems to stay the same

Knowing that I'll never change

Southern California days

Jonathan grabbed his own shirt and gripped it tightly, dancing alittle bit to the beat.

Jonathan:Gravity can't stop

The hope and the have-nots

This artery's a part of me

And blood is all I'm gonna be

I'm gonna see concrete

Bottles and bad dreams

I'm everything and anything

A memory that never leaves

Jonathan and Evan looked at each other and smiled, Evan grabbed Jonathan's hand and pulled him close.

Jonathan&Evan:'Cause I

I think of you now and then

The memories never end when

Gravity pulls you in

Jonathan&Evan: 'Cause I

I think of you now and then

We'll never be there again when

Gravity pulls you in

Jonathan pushed away from Evan and looked at the ground.

Jonathan:Deep in the black is the place I call home

Taking me back to the place I belong

Deep in the black, I can find my way home

Please take me back to the place I belong

He just stared at the ground when suddenly Evan came around and took Jonathan's hand.

Evan:'Cause I

I think of you now and then

The memories never end when

Gravity pulls you in

Jonathan looked at Evan and smiled.

Jonathan&Evan: 'Cause I

I think of you now and then

We'll never be there again when

Gravity pulls you in

Jonathan giggled as the song ended with Evan singing the last bit.

Evan:Oh, gravity!

It was the time of their lives. They were having a blast! Evan and Jonathan were getting ready to sing the next song that was up, to keep the party going.

That was until Jonathan's phone started to go off.

Jonathan told the guys one minute and he walked off a little bit noticing he was getting a text from Marcel.

His face lit up, maybe Marcel was telling him he was heading over, maybe Marcel was asking how they were doing. Either way, it made Jon happier seeing a text from his brother. So he unlocked his phone. Evan on the other hand, felt something bad in his gut and kept looking at Jonathan.

- Flashback -

"Come on, Jonnie! Come at me!" Marcel cooed while having his fists up in the air. Jonathan smirked underneath his mask and ran at him getting ready to punch some sense into him. Marcel ducked and moved out of the way, Jonathan almost tripped over his own feet but managed to stay up.

He turned around and all he got was a smack to the face by Marcel and that made Jonathan growled at Marcel. Marcel just smirked and went to kick him. Jonathan grabbed Marcel's leg and flipped him around. Jonathan let go and punched him in his arm.

Marcel walked up, holding his arm. "Ow! Dude!" Marcel cried out. Jonathan instantly let his guard down, "Sorry! I didn't mea-" Before Jonathan could finish his sentence, Marcel grabbed the nearest pillow that was in his room and threw it at his face. Marcel instantly got up and shouted, "Yeah son! Never underestimated the power of me!"

Marcel did a little victory dance, humming, "Uh huh, mhm." 

Jonathan stood still and looked behind his shoulder and found Evan giggling at him. Jonathan's cheeks grew red and he immediately looked at Marcel annoyed.

"MarMar!"

- End of Flashback -

Jonathan covered his mouth with his hand and kept staring at the picture that was on his phone. So many emotions went through him but the one that was the strongest was sadness. He slowly lost the grip of his phone and it hit the floor, just as he did. Jonathan fell to his knees, screaming, "No! T-This can't be ha-happening right now!"

Evan was already by Jonathan's side, pulling him onto his lap. "Wha-What happened?!" Lui shouted in his speaker voice. Everyone ran over to them with concerned faces.

"He's dead! He's fucking dead!" Jonathan shouted in Evan's chest, sobbing and crying.

"Whose dead?!" Both Tyler and David shouted.

Jonathan just pulled back and looked at everyone with tears streaming down his face.

"MarMar."

  ✨✨✨