Chapter 21: Slowly Consuming Evan

i feel like, people are going to throw cows at me soon but you know what

FUCKING MOO

Song: Rihanna - Disturbia

 'Time to let the madness slowly consume you.'

Vanoss' POV

My eyes shot open, my heart was racing, and I felt my head start to get dizzy. "What the fuck is wrong with me?" For some reason I felt cold. I rubbed my eyes and rolled over to where I could see Jonathan.

He wasn't there.

My eyes widened and I sat up from my bed and looked around, he wasn't in the room. My room was dark but the clock was out so I couldn't tell what time it was, but I assume it's still night time. My door was cracked open and I could see a dimmed light coming in, I tilted my head and got out of bed slowly, I didn't want my head making everything fuzzy black and white in my vision. I walked over to the door and opened it up and peaked my head out, looking left and right.

"Jonathan?" I called out, but got nothing. I heard movement from the bottom of the stairs, and a faint giggle that I couldn't make out. I stepped out of my room and made my way over to the staircase, I could hear the giggling getting louder and louder which each step I took. I sounded familiar, too familiar. I tried my best to not make any kind of noise, I didn't want whoever was downstairs to hear me coming.

When I made it to the bottom, I can't believe what I saw. My eyes widened at the sight of all the blood on the floor and couch. I was horrifid when I saw Craig laying on the ground, his body was covered in blood, his blood. His stomach was ripped open and his neck was slit. I felt tears streaming down my face just seeing one of my best friends dead, right in front of me. I walked over to Craig and just stared at his lifeless body. His eyes were closed, but if I knew Craig, he would've had his eyes opened in fear.

"I'm so sorry, Craig." I whispered.

'You shouldn't be. I mean, after all, you are in love with a killer.'

My eyes widened at the unknown voice, I looked around the room and saw no one. I just shook it off and kept walking around the living room, looking for Jonathan and Tyler but I couldn't find them.

'Check the kitchen, maybe?'

I nodded slowly at the unknown voice and started walking  to the kitchen doors.

When I came up to the door, I pressed my ear to it. You could hear squishing sounds from inside. It was making me feel intrigued.

'Come on, Evan. Open the door, lets find out whats inside?'

I took a deep breath and slowly pushed opened the door and looked around. It was dark and the only light was the moonlight, which wasn't too bad. I took steps in and closed the door behind me and looked around. I saw bloodily footsteps heading towards the back door.

'I wonder whose though? Let's go find out.'

I slowly followed the blood on the floor, my feet would step in it and when it did, it felt so warm. I gulped and kept following it.

'Why so nervous? You should be enjoying the sight of blood.'

The footsteps started to look like someone was dragging them, and then it turned out into someone dragging a body. It lead to the back door in the kitchen, the screen down handle was covered in blood.

'Come on, open it.'

I opened the screen door and walked outside, even though I was just wearing my shorts and t-shirt. It didn't feel cold, even though it was November.

'Oh look! What an enjoyable sight!'

My eyes widened when I saw what was in front of me. Tyler was laying on the ground with a knife in his chest, his throat was also slit. More tears rolled down my cheeks, just seeing another friend dead like this. But for some reason, even though there was tears rolling down my face, I was also smiling.  Why? Why am I smiling at my friends dead body?

'The knife.. looks like he was being stabbed? Why not go give it a try?'

I shook my head furiously.

'Come on Evan, he's dead. It wouldn't harm a thing.'

I hesitated so much before walking up to Tyler's corpse.  Who would've done this to them?

'It's really obvious. Now,  just stab him.'

I bent down and pulled the knife out of his chest. I was shaking a bit and looked at the bloody knife.

'Just do it. Come on.'

"Bu-But it's Tyler, how can I do this to him?" I said, just starting at Tyler's bloodily face.

'It's easy, just close your eyes, and just go with your instincts.'

I nodded slowly and closed my eyes. I held the knife up to my face with both of my hands, in a striking position.  Why am I doing this?

'Good.'

I took a deep breath and just... striked down. What is going on with me?

'You're doing great.'

I opened my eyes slowly and looked down. Down at Tyler's stomach, seeing my hands turn red. 'What's wrong with me?'

'Come on, just do it, one more time. It isn't that bad.'

I ripped the knife out of his stomach and just.. stabbed him.. again... and again.. I never felt so alive before. Adrenaline was going all over the place. Why do I feel like this? 

'Don't question it, just go with it.'

I felt a hand on my shoulder, my eyes widened and slowly turned my head and saw him.

'Well, well. If it isn't the murderer himself.'

I stared right into his devilish eyes,  "Hey," He began and smiled at me, "Welcome." I couldn't help but smile back at him.

But... it slowly faded when I looked at my hands.

Was I becoming what he was?

This was just a dream, right?

If it was, why does it feel too real?

I looked at Jonathan, he pecked me on the cheek and my whole body started shaking.  I didn't know why, it could've been because I'm afraid of what was happening to me or.. the touch of his lips were cold.

'Don't worry about it! You will be fine! You can finally be what Jonathan is, isn't that exciting?! You are just like him now.'

But... why?

  ✨✨✨