Chapter 38.6: Tyler - The Save

If you remember me saying something about this in the story. Well, thanks for remembering♥

Song: The Wreckage - Breaking Through

3rd POV - 8th Grade - September

It was a nice sunny Saturday. Too hot to stay inside, but full of boredom outside.

"Come on Wildcat, catch up!" Jonathan cooed with a smirk, looking behind him to look at Tyler. Tyler just shook his head and smiled. They were currently at the skate park together, just skate boarding it out. Everyone else was busy doing other things, so Tyler decided to hang out with Jonathan and bond for awhile.

It was nice. Tyler was finally pushing the hatred towards Jonathan away and wanting to see what everyone else see's in him that was so great. And Tyler found it. Jonathan and him basically got along together just fine. Tyler felt like an idiot for ever hating him in the first place.

Just then, Jonathans phone buzzed off. He stopped moving on his skateboard and pulled it out of his pocket and looked at it. Tyler came up next to him and did a roll over before stopping completely.

"Who is it?" Tyler asked Jonathan, who was texting on his phone. He didn't answer until he hit send.

Vanoss♥: Hey, me and Marcel are on our way to the park. Meet us at the entrance!

H2ODelirious: Alright, sweet! Tyler and I will head out there now.

"It's Evan, him and Marcel are on their way here. We need to meet them at the entrance." Jonathan said, turning around his skate board to the direction of the entrance of the park.

Jonathan put his phone back in his pocket and got on his skate boarding before heading off, basically leaving Tyler behind. Tyler turned around and did a throw down, catching up to Jonathan in the speed of light.

"By the way, I saw the heart next to Vanoss' name on your phone." Tyler said with a cheeky grin. Jonathan paused and looked at him, "What?"

"You really do like Mr Popstar, don't you?" Tyler asked, his grin widening as humor glinted in his eyes.

"What? Why would you say that? No, I don't like Evan like that. Why does everyone keep assuming that?" Jonathan said, looking away from Tyler.

"You make it obvious. You both do to be honest."

"Make it obvious of what?!" Jonathan snapped, staring back at him.

"That you both fucking like each other, but are too stupid to realize it." Tyler said, rolling his eyes.

"He's not gay and neither am I. I don't... like Vanoss like that, Tyler." Jonathan quietly said, looking down.

"Then why are you blushing?" Tyler giggled out. Even though Jonathan was wearing his mask, his red tinged ears and neck gave his blush away.

''Fuck you, Tyler.'' Jonathan said to himself quietly, smirking underneath his mask.

  ▂▂▂▂ 🔪 ▂▂▂▂   

Jonathan wasn't really paying to where he was going, he knew where the entrance was so he didn't really want to think about which direction to take, so he just stayed in his thoughts.

He has this mega crush on Evan, but he's been trying to hide it from everyone. Marcel, David and Tyler have been at his ass about this. They are starting to catch on about his love for Evan and it's worrying him. If they find out the truth, will they tell Evan? And if Evan finds out, how would he react? Will he still be his best friend, or will it be something more? 'Well, Tyler did say you both like each other but are too stupid to realize it.' Jonathan little angel voice said to him, inside his head. Jonathan shook his head a little, 'That's a lie, Evan can't like me.' Jonathan told him.

"Delirious watch out!" Tyler suddenly shouted, snapping Jonathan back to reality. He glanced back at Tyler.who was running at Jonathan on his feet. Jonathan didn't realize that he was skating off the stair case, already about to hit those concrete steps.  

But that's when it happened.

He turned around and his eyes widened. He didn't have enough time to stop, and he couldn't reach anything that would stop him from plummeting to his doom. Jonathan tried to stop his skateboard at the first step but it made it worse. He was going too fast, the momentum made him fall forward off his skateboard. He curled up in a ball in the air and prepared for the impact.

The impact that never came.

Instead of hitting the ground and feeling like knifes were being stabbed into him, he felt a pair of arms wrap tightly around him. Not just any arms.

Tyler's arms.

It was true, Tyler leaped after Jonathan and basically used his whole body as a blanket to shield Jonathan from the damage he was about to take. Jonathan didn't do anything, he didn't know why Tyler was risking death to save him. He just clung to Tyler's shirt tightly and waited for what was about to happen to them.

  ▂▂▂▂ 🔪 ▂▂▂▂   

After the impact, Tyler let go of Jonathan and curled up into a ball on the ground. Jonathan sat up and looked at Tyler's severe wounds. He wanted to cry right then and there but he knew he couldn't. He pulled out his phone and called an ambulance for the Injured Tyler, who was groaning out in pain.

The only thing Jonathan could hear from Tyler was, "I know how much you mean to Evan, and I know if anything bad ever happens to you, he'd die."

  ▂▂▂▂ 🔪 ▂▂▂▂   

At the hospital, Jonathan was patiently waiting in the waiting room to see Tyler. He was on the verge of tears. He didn't need to see a doctor because he was fine, he had small bruises and tiny cut, but other than that, he was fine. He just wished Tyler was fine.

Jonathan had already texted the whole gang about the accident that happened, and they were all on their way here. Evan kept spamming Jonathan's phone with worried text messages but Jonathan didn't answer. Jonathan kept blaming himself for the accident. If he wasn't spacing out, thinking about Evan, Tyler wouldn't be in the hospital.

"Jonathan!" A familiar voice shouted, the voice that belong to the person who kept texting him. Jonathan slowly picked up his head and peeked over to the entrance of the hospital. He saw all five of his friends clamber in the doors before strolling over to him.

Jonathan got out of his seat and was instantly met with arms wrapping around him, pulling Jonathan close for a warm embrace. Evan's warm embrace. Jonathan immediately hugged  back and felt tears start to threaten him.

"How is he?" He heard the concern lacing Craig's voice. Jonathan and Evan pulled back and all Jonathan did was shrug, "I don't kn-" Before he could finish his sentence, a doctor walked up to them. "Are you gentlemen here for Tyle-"

"Yes, we are." Marcel cut him off.

The doctor gently nodded, "You all can see him now, he's on this floor, room 46."

Jonathan was the first to book it. He ran down the hallways looking for room 46, he needed to see Tyler. He needed to see what damage he had done to him. He needed to see if his friend was okay.

Jonathan stopped and took a deep breath when he reached Tyler's door, he waited for everyone else to catch up to him before he opened the door. And when he did, he instantly broke out in tears. No one else did, Tyler was fine, he was just in bad shape for now.  Jonathan walked over to Tyler's bed side and whispered, "I'm so sorry Wildcat."

Evan walked over to Jonathan and started rubbing his back gently as Tyler just smiled at him. "Don't worry about it, I'm perfectly fine. Besides, that was pretty fun." Tyler said with a soft giggle at the end, making everyone lightly smile at him.

After that, Jonathan and Tyler were close. Tyler felt no hate after that. Hate was replaced with love.

They were all slowly starting to realize what they're little group was.

It wasn't a posse. It wasn't a gang. It wasn't a crew. It wasn't any of that.

It was a family. They were family, and forever will be.

  ✨✨✨