𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐱

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐃𝐄 her utter annoyance at this whole... situation. She'd blocked Wanda out of her mind swiftly after their little chat to spare the girl from hearing Adelaide's less than happy thoughts. She felt a bit bad really, that Wanda was so excited to see her. Perhaps she didn't realise the severity of the situation, the fact that Adelaide was being sent there to kill her, murder her if necessary.

Proxima didn't care that Adelaide was Thanos' supposed second in command, when the white haired girl came into the large war room Proxima didn't so much as acknowledge her. The map lay spread on the table, the map of Terra. The war room was laden with all ilk of maps, ones large enough to cover small moons, some so small Adelaide could lay them in her palm.

Proxima sat not at the head of the table (reserved for Thanos or, in this case, Adelaide) but adjacent to it. Adelaide pulled out the largest chair in the room and sat down, pulling her feet from under her and laying them across the table. Proxima looked up from the map, an annoyed expression on her face.

'Do you mind?' She asked, and Adelaide smiled sweetly. Proxima snarled. 'Have you still got those scars I gave you?' Adelaide's smile dropped, as did her feet.

'I still my scars are still as prominent as your fucking attitude.' Adelaide spoke, and Proxima ignored her, and focussed her attention back on the map.

'We're just waiting for Corvus, that big hunk of muscle takes years to dress.' She notified, and Adelaide nodded, looking to the door as Maw entered.

'I see you're both prepared for your mission?' Maw asked, and the girls nodded. He smiled. 'Good. I'm off to retrieve the time stone, I hope your prepared to get the mind stone at any cost.' He looked toward Adelaide. 'Remember your training, whoever possesses the mind stone can easily enter your mind, and your shapeshifting?' Adelaide promptly grew two horns upon her head, spiralled at the top. Maw smiled gently, then left the room. Adelaide looked to Proxima, horns retreating and she looked utterly bored.

'Well you're a bundle of fun aren't you?' Adelaide commented. Proxima Midnight rolled her eyes.

'It's hard to be so joyful when you're not father's favourite.' Adelaide's eyes went to the large bruise upon Proxima's arm then, and she felt a breath escape her. Before she could say anything, Corvus appeared at the door. Proxima stood up and dusted off her attire. 'Let's go kill some humans.'

Wanda and Vision sat in the sitting room of their small rented apartment, not watching anything just sitting. Wanda read, whilst Vision sat reading a magazine. Pietro wandered in, and sat down imbetween both of them.

'So wait I'm confused, we just sit here and wait for them to come?' Pietro asked Wanda, grabbing a nut off of the small bowl in the middle of the coffee table. Wanda shrugged.

'Pretty much, and remember, we don't know her. So don't wave,' Wanda glared at Pietro and he smiled sheepishly. 'And no irritating her on purpose.' She turned her gaze to Vision, who gasped.

'I would never!' He promised, and Wanda rolled her eyes. 'I am however going to go for a walk, if anyone would like to join me?' Vision asked, getting up from the sofa. Pietro joined him, standing up again.

'You can't? Adelaide's going to be here with her siblings soon and when they arrive, God knows.' Wanda explained, furrowing her brows. Pietro grabbed onto her hands and swiped her book from her, hauling her upwards.

'They'll find us either way, I mean if we're gonna die, may as well be outside in the gorgeous Scottish air?' Pietro suggested, earning a small play punch from Vision. Wanda rolled her eyes and they left the apartment.

The air was cool with the night and the three of them strolled together. In the years since the Avengers' fall, they had stuck together, the best of friends, Vision providing escape plans when the police spotted Wanda and Pietro. They would run for hours, being chased on foot and in the air, but with Pietro's super speed and Wanda's abilities, they were never captured.

They walked until they reached a small shop, lit by a tv. Vision stopped to look, and gasped when he saw what was playing. The twins stepped backwards to see what had caught his attention, and Wanda's hand fell over her gaping mouth. Tony Stark, captured by a ship, Thanos' ship. And who else upon it? Ebony Maw. Wanda was about to speak, when she felt someone close.

'Guess who?' A voice spoke in Wanda's head, as she went to reply, a large staff impaled Vision, and he cried out in pain. Pietro sped around to where the source was, and shot Corvus into a wall with strength.

'Proxima, you on the boy. Corvus, I want you on the stone. Get it at any cost.' A familiar voice trilled through the crisp air, and Wanda turned around to see Adelaide, hair pristinely white, and leathers gleaming. A tall woman next to her, staring at her twin. Wanda bore her teeth at both women, and Adelaide chuckled hollowly.

'Will you need any assistance with this one, sister?' Proxima asked, now focused on Wanda, a swirl of red gathering in her hands. Adelaide looked at Wanda with boredom. She sighed.

'No, don't worry. I'll break this one with ease.' Adelaide said. 'Focus on the fast one, and when you've got him, break his legs.' Adelaide smiled, and Proxima ran to assist Corvus.

'Adela-'

'Shut up and try to kill me.' Adelaide commanded, keeping her expression unbothered and neutral. Wanda did as she requested, and shot that scarlet energy towards Adelaide, who dodged it whilst tying up her hair into a high ponytail. She laughed hysterically, before dropping any emotion and sending shadow up Wanda's leg. She retracted the shadow quickly, swiping Wanda off her feet.

'I said kill me, do it. Don't go easy on me, they'll realise.' Adelaide spoke, and as soon as the words were echoing around Wanda's mind, the red head sent multiple shots of energy hurtling into Adelaide. They hit her this time, sending her flying backwards. Wanda ran to where she had landed and jumped onto her body laying on the ground. Leg either side, she crafted a long stick of red energy.

'Romantic.' Wanda commented, smirking at Adelaide, who couldn't wipe her smile off her face. Adelaide scanned around with a large blast of energy, and the shadow only collided with Corvus and Proxima around a mile away. Deeming it safe, Adelaide softly swiped Wanda's arm away and pressed her lips gently upon Wanda's. Wanda leaned down, hair falling beside her neck. Adelaide pulled away, staring into the ivy that was Wanda's eyes.

'Better?' She asked.

'Much.'