Chapter 37: Forget her

That day Mina wanted to get home to hide in her room but her mother made sure to make it clear one last time that as her daughter there was no way she could make these kinds of mistakes again. Mina didn't answer back this time, it just hurt too much and she knew she had to be perfect. After that, they didn't talk at all about it. There were many things she didn't understand but she came to the conclusion that she deserved it all.

She checked her phone too. She had indeed many lost calls from Chaeyoung and texts asking where she was and also explaining what had happened which Mina spend all night trying to make sense of. 'she likes you' How could that be? Mina got recently that Momo was in fact into girls and she didn't mind, really, why would she mind? But like her? How? Why? Since when? It just didn't make sense. But the truth is she trusted Chaeyoung. At that moment, seeing the two of them was really shocking but Mina had been crying all morning and the previous night Chaeyoung had tried to break up with her. To all that add that Mina was never the best at reacting in good ways, she was not in a good place either, it was easy for her to just see it all wrongly. Awfully wrong.

But now that all of it had happened even if it didn't make sense, she wanted to believe that neither of them was capable of going behind her back. It was a thought that was constantly on the back of her mind that made her drift off more than accustomed. Guess who doesn't like it when Mina loses focus.

"Mina," She heard the impatient tone of her mother. Turning her head to look at her she saw how she had an expecting expression. She must have been calling her name more than once but Mina had no idea what they were talking about. They were having lunch but Mina had been just fidgeting with her food. "Kwan is picking you up."

"Why?" Mina said without thinking but then seeing her mother across her raising her eyebrows she knew that was wrong. Clearing her throat she corrected her answer, "What time should I be ready?"

"Around four." 'great' Since that day at her dorm a few days have passed, she got texts from Sana too. She answered because she felt she owed that much to her. They were friends. In fact, Sana was the only one that had done nothing wrong to her, ever. So she answered but only to lie. Saying she was fine and that she shouldn't worry about her and that was it, after that she ignored the conversation.

Winter break had started and Christmas was around the corner. During all that time Mina had fallen into this state of just giving simple answers, sleeping a lot, and eating few. But her mother had decided to ignore why all of that was happening and acted all worried towards Mina like she was just having a bad moment. She encouraged her to not be so much in bed, she was constantly preparing her full meals, looking for conversation but ignoring completely if Mina tried to talk about that other topic, so she gave up really easily and finally, Kwan.

It was quite ridiculous, Mina thought, that her mother had said she didn't mind if Mina didn't like Kwan, that it was okay. But now she used him worse than before. He was there almost every day. Her mother even asked him to drive, guide, and wait for her when she had to go back to campus to give her last exam, that Mina was sure it didn't go so well. And he happily complied.

Now Mina decided she had had enough with her food and stood up to get ready. 'The sooner the better' Her mother got up too and called for her again. Mina just sighed and turned. "Honey, smile, would you?" She got closer to her and caressed her cheek. "Put some make-up on, alright? I love you." It hurt. Whenever her mother said that it hurt. Because Mina knew she only loved the side of Mina she chose to see and not all of her. Mina loved her mother. She really did, right? How could she not? But her mother didn't love her back even if she said it to her every day. Mina was sure.

So she just faked a smile and left to her room. Every day was the same. Almost as if nothing had happened. Not in front of the eyes of her mother at least. Mina got ready, put on some nice clothes, some make-up, and just waited until he got there. Making small talk with her mother showing his charming smile. 'how lovely' After a while, they were both in his car ready to leave. It felt wrong. But Mina couldn't help but think that she was being rightfully punished so she endured it all.