"You're the second man, that makes me feel safe," I muttered agitated. "And who's the first?" he asked me jealously. "Adrian, my brother," I admitted.

"My family never made me feel safe, as I knew they'd only trade me for power when I was of age. And when I was only seventeen, my father promised me to him," I muttered as his hand stopped on my stomach and he listened to me in silence.

"I ran away on my wedding day after robbing my own father. I needed a fresh start, so I needed money. And a new identity. Adrian, he's a very good hacker, found two doppelgangers, lured them to Russia and killed them. We took over their lives. Everything went great for years until I made a big mistake. Coincidentally, when I found Raphael's brother injured, I helped him as he had a concussion and had lost his memory. After I took care of his wounds, he left. The next day, Raphael was at my door. He thought that I murdered his brother. He thought I was Evelina Turgenev, the girl whose identity I had taken. He kidnapped, tortured, raped me, made me his surrogate, married, then raped me again until I escaped to the US, and from there you already know what happened," I muttered.

"I'm sorry, baby," he kissed my temple. "You don't have to apologize for my past, as it's not your fault what happened to me," I told him firmly.

"Alright, but I promise you that he will not be able to get close to you again, I will not let him hurt you again. He has to kill me first, before he can put a finger on you, I will protect you and the children at all costs," he told me, hugging me tightly

"I know," I muttered relaxed, hugging him back.

And I felt safe in his arms. Moreover, I felt like a stone fell from my heart as I opened up to him.

*****

It was evening. We all sat in the living room.

"What do you want to speak us mom?" Zia asked me. "We say talk, not speak," Draven said with a whiskey in his hand.

"Right," I sighed before looking at the children. "Would you be happy to have a sibling?" I asked them both.

I wanted them to know about my pregnancy. I wanted them to know about it soon. After all, the would have a sibling in nine months. And I hoped that they would be happy to have a sibling.

"Yes! It would be fun! Then it would be me, Lucy and our sibling! And we could all play together," Zia responded happily.

"Yes! Where is our sibling?" Lucy asked curiously.

"In Calina's stomach," Draven said, pointing to my stomach.

"Mom, did you eat our sibling?" Zia asked in surprise.

"Dad!" Lucy got up from the couch and ran scared to her father.

"No!" I said, getting up from the couch when Draven looked at me in amusement with Lucy on his lap. I approached them when I saw him let Lucy sniff his drink before almost letting her taste it. I took away the glass and poured it into the plant. "And for God's sake, you don't give kids whiskey!"

"She wouldn't drink it anyway because it's too bitter! I just wanted to see her grimace!" he claimed defensively.

"Mom? Why did you eat our siblings?" Zia asked me sadly. "I didn't eat it," I said with a sigh, rubbing my temples. I got a headache and Draven didn't help it at all.

"You were in my stomach too. Your sibling is really very small at the moment!"

"Yeah, you can imagine--" I put my hand over his mouth before he could finish that damn sentence.

"It has to grow a bit before it can come out," I tried to explain it to them in the most understandable way possible. I wish I just said the shrubs would bring their sibling in nine months then it wouldn't be that complicated.