"Anyway, it was because you were stressed out because Harper and-"

"Yeah," she interjected. "Harper and Mitchell told us they have to cut the trip short because of something urgent. I can't remember what though. That night is still in bits and pieces." She exhaled loudly, "God." and walked a few steps away from me as she took everything in.

One night and this is her reaction. I can't imagine how she'll react if I tell her the whole story from the gala.

She got pretty far and sat on a nearby bench.

I followed her. She stared at the crashing waves as I sat next to her.

"Well, I remember they said they had to do some damage control. Something with their meeting with the execs. Of what, I do not know." I continued.

Silence ensued and only the soft crashes of water and static can be heard.

She suddenly punched my arm.

"Ow. What was that for?"

She stood and looked down at me.

"You took advantage of me."

I stood immediately, towering her. "Excuse me?"

"That's right. You knew I was intoxicated. Why would you do that?"

"Because you asked me to!"

"I wasn't in my right mind!"

"I didn't know that!" My voice raised; she stumbled a step back. "I didn't know that. I'm sorry," I said more calmly. "In my defense, you didn't sound drunk, in any way or form. I thought you were still on your right mind. I mean, not drunk."

She exhaled, defeated. "Fuck," she crossed her arms.

"What?"

"Hailey has told me that before."

"That?"

"That I don't look or sound drunk while I'm drunk. All I know is that the hangover is bad and that, most times, I can't seem to remember what happened." She threw her hands, "Why would I even drink? It's like I never learn."

I nodded. That makes sense. Twice now I've seen her drunk and twice now I had to explain myself.

I should've based on experience.

I shouldn't have taken her here.

But then again, if I hadn't, she wouldn't have been able to see her family. That would've sucked because she's already so close. And her family's actually nice, unlike mine.

Silence enveloped again.

God, this is so awkward.

"So, what did you think of our fourth date tonight?"

Her expression filled with disbelief, "Are you kidding me?" her voice charged.

Nice save, Axel. You just know what to say, don't you?

"You thought we'd still finish those five dates?" her voice filled with incredulity.

"Well, you agreed."

"When?"

"The other night?"

"Again, I was intoxicated. What made you think I was lucid enough to make a decision?"

I raised my brows at her.

"Right," she continued. "I didn't sound drunk."

"Well, if you don't want to go on with it, why haven't you told Harper yet?"