The Coat

It was stupid how she was already tired. She wanted to show her strength, prove her worth to the boy, even if it hurt. The harder she ran, the more her legs burned. The farther she jumped, the more her lungs ached. The quieter she became, the more she wanted to cry. This all came to a head once the boy activated the incinerator.
The Doctor would have escaped, they had to do it. Yet... she found no comfort in doing so. She took someone's life, again. What is she becoming? Killing is bad, only adults kill people. Is she becoming an adult? Just another monster? Her fears only grow as the Doctor starts to scream. He is alive, he is scared, he is dying! She is responsible... He is weak.
She sits by the bottom of the incinerator, her mantra echoing throughout her terrified little mind. He was weak, of course he deserved to die. You aren't dead, so why be afraid? Enjoy the fire, that doesn't make you weak.
It doesn't help. She extends her hands, letting the fire send chills down her spine. It's warm, a feeling Six hasn't felt in ages. Her breathing slows down, eyes close as if some invisible weight carried them down. Even with the elephant in the room, Six found comfort in the flames. Before she knew it, she was asleep.

When Six opens her eyes, everything is quiet. The crackling and popping of the incinerator slowly turned to a vibrant hum. She looks around, still in the hospital, still alive. However, she finds herself to be much warmer than before. She looks at her shoulders to realize she had been given a blanket, rather, the boy's coat. She looks around, the boy nowhere in sight. She gets up, keeping the coat wrapped nicely around her. It's a strange feeling, comforting but steamy. She returns to the escape path, the line of beds turned into a clump of broken, messy patient parts. Thankfully, this is where she finds the boy. He's rummaging through the ruined path, his usual brown bag replaced with a patient's head. Six wonders, does he have a hat collection?
She coughs, rather loudly, and brings his attention to her. He waves sweetly, walking around to swap hats. Once done, Six promptly returns his brown coat. He nods once, walking ahead to the elevator. As the elevator carries them upwards, Six gets a strange churning in her stomach. It's not hunger, not pain nor fear, but something more... bubbly.
"... thank you."
She speaks, not with noises or whispers, but with real words. He looks at her, seemingly in shock. Six keeps her eyes to the floor, but still feels his surprised gaze. His bag crinkles ever so slightly. Of course, he smiles.