The Raincoat

There was a silent agreement between them. He didn't say anything, didn't gloat or pester her, he simply held her hand. Six found herself reaching for his hand, found comfort in his warmth, found herself being weak. They left the school, not a peep uttered between the two. Either he didn't care to know, or cared too much to ask.
Before they crossed the giant chasm, the boy looked at her. With the heavy rain and dark sky, Six couldn't see what his eyes said, but his body said enough. He nodded once, waiting for Six to return the gesture before letting go of her hand. Slowly they crossed the chasm, each step was a calculated risk. As Six walked across the chasm, she found something strange within herself. She wasn't afraid of falling, tether, she was afraid of the boy falling. After they crossed the chasm, Six quickly took his hand and squeezed tightly. She bossed him forward, her grip trembling slightly. It was stupid, caring for his safety.
She let go of his hand, they were far enough. Six was ready to keep going, the rain pressuring her to get out of the city streets. However, she didn't expect the boy to wrap his arms around her. She was quick to freak out and elbow him, turning around to look at the stupid boy. He retaliated, slightly pained after getting an elbow to the stomach. Once again her menacing gaze returned, digging holes into the dumb boy's bag.
"I'm sorry..." he coughed twice, taking a moment to stabilize his breathing. He was hurt. He was sorry. He was stupid.
You should be.
Even with the heavy rain, there was an ever present silence between them. It was as if the world hushed, just to give Six a moment to scold the boy. If he can't learn her boundaries, then she won't wait until he does.
They continued forward, until Six found the remnants of her last partner. She remembers her look of terror, remembers the horrible silence that filled the air as she fell. Six slips the raincoat on, the memories of her old friend filling Six's mind. They barely met, yet she seemed so kind...
No, she was weak. She died because she was weak. Six is different, she won't be weak. At least, that's what she tells herself.