just us pt.1

A/N I just want to thank any readers that are coming back, and new readers too, for bearing with me. I know I haven't updated in a while, I was lacking motivation and inspiration but now I'm back and better than ever! Hope you enjoy! Also, I'm going back through and editing all the chapters because I wrote a lot of these drunk and they were not written the best lmfao!

Three hours. That's all the time Dream had left to prepare for their arrival. For his arrival. Well, there were three hours until Sapnap got there, but George's flight had been delayed so he probably wouldn't arrive until that evening, but still. Dream had never been so nervous.

He had been stress cleaning for the last three days making sure the entire house was scrubbed clean, making sure each of their rooms were fully prepared, the fridge fully stocked, even his liquor cabinet was fully stocked. But still, he couldn't help but feel as though there was still something to be done.

He had re-hung his curtains and even blocked off a part of his room so that Patches would have somewhere to hide. There was nothing left to do. No surface that Dream hadn't wiped down, dusted, or swept, no laundry unfolded. But still, the knots wouldn't leave his stomach, What if it wasn't like it was online? The easy way his and Sapnap's conversation flowed might be stopped, being in person changed everything.

He had barely repaired his relationship with George, they were still on thin ice. George believed Dream had had a small crush on him, that Dream had moved on, and Dream was determined to keep it that way. He knew their friendship would never recover, it couldn't.

Maybe the alcohol Dream bought would turn out to be a bad idea after all. There was no way Dream could predict how he'd act with his inhibitions lowered. Dream tried to calm himself down by petting Patches on the couch, but sensing his nerves she wouldn't sit still enough to be pet. She prowled around the house trying to find the "threat" that had put Dream into such a frenzy.

He smiled at his cat affectionately, still not able to find peace of mind. He checked his phone for updates from either of his friends, but none came. George hadn't checked in all day, not getting any service on the 9-hour flight. Sapnap only checked in when he was at a rest stop making his texts few and far between. Dream was restless, stuck waiting.

Maybe if he watched a movie he would stop worrying, three hours was a long time to sit in silence. He opened Netflix and clicked through practically everything, nothing was appealing. The same thing happened with Hulu and YouTube. Everything just seemed bland. There was no way around it. Nothing was going to ease his anxiety save for his friends arriving. His phone buzzed, eagerly Dream reached over as it kept buzzing.

George was calling him. But George was still supposed to be on a plane, a delayed plane. For a moment Dream froze, unable to pick up. He steeled his nerves, he was about to spend 2 weeks with George, he could pick up a damn phone.

"Hello?" He asked. At first, there was just a crackle of a speaker, and then George's voice cut through very choppily. Dream couldn't hear a single word. "Hello, George? I can't hear you!" The call disconnected and a moment later a discord message popped up.

I just landed at the Orlando airport, read the message. Dream's stomach dropped.

Already? I thought your flight was delayed, he wrote back.

I thought so too, something got messed up and I got upgraded to a direct flight instead of having a layover.

I was trying to message you but I guess they didn't go through.

I'll meet you at baggage claim. I'm coming now to pick you up, I'll call you when I'm there. He sent the message before he could think. He could've called an Uber, or something. Why did he offer to drive? Stupid, stupid, stupid.