Steve's murderous tendencies

Avengers' POV

Clint and y/n stood up slowly, y/n's face hiding in Clint's chest to hide her tears. Tears of both happiness and sadness but she thought they were more happiness.

Eventually the two of them separated and y/n picked up her bag and followed Clint up to the rest of the avengers.

There was a slightly awkward silence in the Quinjet during the ride home. Y/n didn't want to look up the whole time or say a word.

She did however take out her phone and had a slight smile on her face as she typed something.

The next few seconds were filled with a notification going off on everyone's phone.

Stranger danger group chat

Y/n
So the avengers huh?
I'm pretty sure that everyone's notifications confirmed it

Smol brain
Really kid we are right in front of you
Kids these days always on their phones

Y/n
It means that I don't have to hear your whiny voice

Rudolf
She's not wrong
Your voice is extremely irritating

Y/n
Lol

Fossil
Wait I know that one, it means laughing out loud right?

Mr. Confusion
Yes Steve it does

Fossil
But you aren't laughing right now

Y/n
-_-

Fossil
That's the face you made when texting "lol"

Y/n
Bruh

Arachnid
Bruh

Y/n
Wait arachnid your Spider-Man right?
What's your real name?

Smol brain
Oi leave my kid alone!
He doesn't like people knowing his identity

Spider
Protective dad mode activated

Cry baby
Here we go again

Smol brain
Hey no texting and flying Clint
You could crash and you'd hurt my kid

Avengers' POV

After seeing that message, for the first time that flight, y/n looked up.

She looked up and saw what the other avengers were also seeing, Tony Stark babying over Spider-Man who still had his mask on, while also glaring at the pilots chair. His eyes burning a hole into the back of the headrest that was blocking Clint from view.

The rest of the short flight y/n rested her head back and closed her eyes, though she did not go to sleep yet. She did know that she'd need sleep soon, she estimated that in total this week she probably had around 15 hours out of the 56 recommended hours of sleep.

In her exhausted state she didn't notice the tear that slowly escaped her eye, however the others did. They could only party empathise with the young girl, even if they have yet to learn the true extent of her trauma.

They walked into Stark tower at the same pace as the tired young girl both to keep an eye on her since she looked like she might pass out with each step and because they didn't went her to feel like she's a prisoner again and being forced inside.

Y/n's POV

I somehow managed not to fall behind the rest of the avengers as we walked inside. It was certainly a lot nicer than last time.

I wished nothing more than to collapse on the bed from this morning. All of a sudden I heard a voice speaking to me. I couldn't make it all out but I heard a few broken up words that were obviously part of a longer sentence 'setup', 'your room', 'tomorrow', 'staying' and 'mine'. After that I heard the persons say to follow them and that's exactly what I did.

I knew it wasn't a long walk but if sure felt like one. The doors all blurred together, including the one to the room I entered. 

I didn't get a look around the room but I was handed a large t-shirt and elasticated shorts to change into. I barely registered the person leaving the room before I shrugged off my filthy clothes and pulled on the nice smelling oversized new clothes.

With one goal in mind I stumbled over to the bed and collapsed onto it, it was yet another fluffy cloud.

Just before I drifted off I heard the door click open and a faint goodnight before it clicked closed again.

Avengers' POV

Bruce walked back to the living area in the tower and was greeted with the same question that was repeated in fifty different ways, he didn't even know you could ask 'is she okay?' More than five different ways.

"Guys, calm down and let him speak," the shy, sweet voice was heard from Peter. He always managed to get everyone to calm down, this time was no different.

"She was half asleep on the walk down as you could tell and I don't know how she managed to walk that far but I gave her a change of clothes anyway. I checked in on her one last time before I came back here. She was almost literally passed out. She'll be asleep for a while," Bruce said in reassurance.

Everyone went and sat down on the couches, Tony was looking over files on y/n. He never wished to murder someone so badly before, this man was horrible.

He was showing the rest of the team, excluding Peter who he kicked out of the room for his 'bedtime', some footage of y/n and he could tell that they all shared in his feelings about murder.

"It's a shame that the death penalty wouldn't apply to him," Steve spook first, just as people were getting over the shock of the footage they were hit by this.

"It would feel extraordinary to stab that horrid excuse of a person," Loki said next. Steve nodded his head to this, and he wasn't the only one.

"It might apply if he was hydra," Clint suggested.

"I doubt he's hydra, we've actually met him before, he owns an extremely successful lawyers firm," Tony dismissed Clint's idea no matter how bad he didn't want to.

"We could ask y/n in the morning, she might have heard something," this time Nat spoke

"Or seen something," Thor broke away from his unnaturally quiet state.

"Then in the meantime we all need sleep, it's getting late, we can discuss this further tomorrow," Steve dismissed everyone to bed. Though it might be a couple hours before they get to sleep after seeing what they saw.

————

A/n: okay I hope this suffices for today, I have something planned for tomorrow that I wanted to happen today but I needed this to happen first.