With that an awkward silence enveloped them, Zhongli sighed and took out the boxes of sweets he had bought and olaced them near Y/n.

"I know this isn't much, sweetheart. But I remembered that these were your favorites so I bought it for you." he said as he laughed sheepishly while rubbing the back of neck.

Y/n stared at the boxes with her mouth slightly open before looking at Zhongli with eyes that screamed excitement in them, "No, I love it! Thank you very much!" she said, grabbing the boxes and placing them by her side.

Opening one, she saw the Pineapple Tarts that they used to have when she was little. She took one out and placed it between them, "It'll be unfair if I'm the only one who ate these and considering that you've bought them too," she muttered, staring at the tarts with her ears turning red.

"I guess that it won't be bad to share this once." she continued, picking up the fork and having a bite before she looked up at Zhongli only to find him staring at her with those eyes.

Such tenderly warm and loving eyes. She felt her eyes welling up with tears but she held them in.

When was the last time she saw someone looking at her with such kind eyes?

She couldn't remember. The only thing that stayed to her system was the neverending spiral that she's placed herself in.

But there's no room for hesitation, she chose this path herself. She'll havr to live with it until she dies.

As Y/n was immersed in her thoughts, she didn't see Zhongli's hand reaching over towards her. She only felt the warm and comofrting pressure on the top of her head before it started to move, "It's alright, child. Your dad's here, he won't be leaving anytime soon."

Zhongli stared at Y/n infront of her, yes she may have changed. But that didn't mean that she wasn't his child anymore.

Teyvat can burn to the ground and he would still stick by his daughter's side.

Y/n shook her head and swallowed harshly before chugging down the tea beside her, "Dear?" Zhongli called out to her, with eyes wide with concern.

"I'm alright but it seems that I'll have to go now." Y/n said as she stood from her seat, grabbing the sweets beside her.

Bowing towards the male as she felt her face warm up, "....It was nice seeing you again, Dad.." she trailed off before heading out the store.

Leaving Zhongli to stare at her back," It seems like we're not back to phase one after all." he said, as his smile brightened. Flowers popping out of his figure,

"More importantly, she called me dad."

Y/n gritted her teeth as embarrassment seeped through her, her head realeasing smoke from them

Y/n gritted her teeth as embarrassment seeped through her, her head realeasing smoke from them. Passing by two of the people she had met today.

Quickly apologizing to the person she had bumped into, she made a turn to head off towards Wangshuu Inn before she felt a hand grasping her wrist.

Turning around, she saw the cyan haired exorcist. "Yes? Do you need something?" she asked, raising her brow at the male.

"Ah, yes!" Chongyun stammered, his other hand gripping the popsicle tightly. "Are you perha-" before he could ask his question, his bestfriend popped out behind him.

"Well if it isn't Miss Y/n!" Xingqiu cheered out, mouth turning into a cat like smirk as he stared at Chongyun.

"I was wondering what got you running, turn out it just happened to be this wonderful lady right here." he chuckled as he saw the blush on Chongyun's face.

"Xingqiu, you...." Chingyun trailed off, feeling his body grow warmer. "You just had to butt in!" he yelled out, shaking Xingqiu by his shoulder as the latter continued laughing.

Y/n stared at the two with boredom very much visible on her face, "Do you need anything? I've got places to be so please make it quick." she sighed.

Chongyun let go of Xingqiu making him yelp and fall to the ground, turning back towards Y/n as sparkles emitted from his body. "Yes! Where have you be-"

And as if the world was cursing Chongyun, another voice interjected. "Chongyun, Xingqiu! You guys haven't payed for the Jueyun Chili dish that you ordered!" the girl in braids yelled out, quickly grabbing the two by their ears making the two boys scream in pain as she dragged them back.

Seeing the girl the boys were talking to, the short girl in braids ran to her then turned towards Y/n before bowing "Sorry for that! The name's Xiangling! You can find me by Wanmin Restaurant and if not I'm probably on the hunt for ingredients!" X...

Seeing the girl the boys were talking to, the short girl in braids ran to her then turned towards Y/n before bowing "Sorry for that! The name's Xiangling! You can find me by Wanmin Restaurant and if not I'm probably on the hunt for ingredients!" Xiangling said, holding out her hand.

"Ah yes, A pleasure meeting you. My name is Y/n Etoile." Y/n replied back, shaking Xiangling's hand while giving the female infront of her a polite smile.

Xiangling's eyes glinted, "Such a pretty name!"

"Too bad the bearer isn't fit for it." she continued, giving Y/n a smile as if she said nothing wrong.

Chuckling as she turned her back towards Y/n and ran back to the restaurant while waving at her, "See you next time!"

Y/n merely smiled at the female and once she made sure that Xiangling was out of sight, she glared at the ground as she gripped the edge of the box tightly.

"Liyue isn't really that much of a better place."