o f f e r i n g s

"What did you wish for, Y/n?" asked the dark haired male

"What did you wish for, Y/n?" asked the dark haired male. The female stared at the lantern that flew high into the sky before looking at the male,

"I wish for the guardian yaksha's happiness and good health!" said the female while grinning.

"Oh that's quite a surprise. No one I know wishes for the well-being of guardian yaksha. Why is it that you wish for that?"

Y/n simply stared up to the sky, "You know, I believe that no one's supposed to be all alone in the world. That's why, I wanted to atleast make the guardian yaksha know that there's still someone that appreciates them being able to protect the citizens of liyue." the female sighed before muttering, "Mondstadt's known to be the city of freedom yet Liyue is the place that feels like home to me, r̶e̸d̷a̴c̵t̷e̸d̷. Liyue is much more welcoming than mondstadt, even to those who are banished from that land."

"I don't know what the yaksha experienced but I would atleast like to tell him that–as someone who now resides in liyue–is thankful for having them."

r̶e̸d̷a̴c̵t̷e̸d̷ stared at the females back before glancing at the person hiding by the trees. Sighing as he walked up to the female, "I'm sure that the yaksha's thankful for such a thoughtful wish, Y/n. How about we go back to your room now?"

Y/n turned around with a small pout visible on her face, "Already?" she whined. "Can I just stay for a little while more?"

"No means no, y/n. You have to sleep now. You're still quite young."

Y/n frowned but nodded, "Okay." she said, walking back onwards the inn.

The male ruffled Y/n's hair, giving the teen a smile. "That's a good girl. Now run along before you get swarmed by a group of hilichurls again."

"Okay! Be careful on your way, mister Zhongli!"

The male behind the trees, showed himself and bowed towards Zhongli

"I greet our lord, Rex Lapis."

"There's no need for such politeness. I'm simply blending in with the common folk as of now after all."

The short male looked at the one infront of him, "I'm afraid that I cannot do that."

Zhongli stared at him for what felt like minutes before looking back towards the mesmerizing sight of the lanterns flying high up the sky.

"Y/n's a kind girl isn't she?"

The teal highlighted hair male sat on the grass before muttering, "Mortals like her are fools." he furrowed his brows, remembering the young female's wish.

"I wish for the their happiness and well-being!"

No mortal was as foolish as her. Haven't she heard of what he is? He's a demon, for archon's sake!

As the young male was occupied in his thoughts, Zhongli merely stared up at the sky.

"I fear that her life would end shorter than expected."

As soon as those words left Zhongli's mouth, the young male's head snapped towards his direction.

"What do you mean by that if I may ask?"

"I wish to not bother you with my problems though I fear that I might not be with her during her final moments. I sense that Y/n's been through a lot of hardships in mondstadt, and for the anemo archon to easily abandon one of his people in need of saving is one of the major factors as to why I fear that she'll get lost in the path of life."

The male beside her was at lost for words. He knew that Mondstadt is the city of freedom but for the anemo archon to easily abandon one of his people ignited something within him.

Zhongli then looked down at the male behind him, "Which is why I ask for you to protect her."

The young male stared up at Zhongli, his eyes searching for any malice in the other's face. Once he found none, he bowed once again.

For the Rex Lapis to go out of his way and order the yaksha to protect the mortal, she must be very special to him.

"I shall take it as my duty to protect this mortal, Rex Lapis."

Zhongli smiled before patting the male's head, "Thank you, Xiao."

Xiao stood by the terrace of Wangshu Inn as he stared at the almond tofu placed by the floor, covered with a lid on it with a note by the side

"Thank you for protecting Liyue and its people! I wish for your happiness and good health yet again, mister yaksha! I hope that you like the almond tofu as well, Verr Goldet told me that you like almond tofu so I made you some!
-Y/N L/N"

The male picked up the almond tofu and silent munched on it, sighing as he savored the sweet–almost dream like– flavor of the dish.

As he finished eating, he stared up the moon vowing to protect the very first mortal that wished something for him. Softly scoffing as he crossed his arms,

She could be a little selfish if she wants.

The male thought. Yet he didn't know that protecting the mortal would only cost him to fall off his grace.