•~{Chapter Sixteen}~•

Alberto and I looked at eachother in fear. Alberto directed his attention at Giulia with furrowed eyebrows, then leaped in the water to make an escape. I looked at Giulia in disbelief, "I can't believe you, Giulia... I thought we could really be friends." I said sadly. I then leaped in the water to find Alberto, who was probably on his way to the island. 

            I swam as fast as I could to try and find Alberto, but I couldn't find him at all. So I'm guessing he swam to the hideout... 

•~{𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚘𝚞𝚝}~•

            I arrived at the hideout and to my suprise, the ladder to the top was broken apart into countless pieces. I tried climbing the rock walls, it took a while but I made it. I breathed in and out, then looked around... Everything Alberto had collected was either ripped off the shelving or shattered into pieces. 

            I directed my attention to the Vespa poster that was torn off the wall. Behind it, there were a lot of tally marks, then walked up to the wooden boarding. "Alberto... What are those marks on the wall?" I asked. Alberto stayed silent, "Tell me what they mean." I said sternly. 

             Alberto inhaled, "I started when my dad left..." Alberto finally said. My eyes widened, "You've been living here alone.. For that many days?" I asked. 

            "I thought he'd change his mind... But he's better off without me, you are too.." Alberto said coldly. My eyes watered, "Don't say that... Alberto, I..." I started, walking closer to him. "I love you..." I continued. Alberto perked up, then looked behind him. He started to break down crying.

             I ran jogged over to him and sat down, "Hey, don't cry!" I yelled. He just kept crying, and then I started crying with him. Alberto wiped his tears, then hugged me as tight as he could, meaning I couldn't breathe. "Al... Alberto, I can't breathe." I managed to say. 

            "Just a few more seconds..." Alberto whispered. I rolled my eyes and smiled, trying to hug him back. I pecked his cheek and we tried falling asleep... 

            I woke up, breathing heavily from a terrible nightmare. "L... Luca, are you alright?" Alberto asked, rubbing his eyes. I looked over to him and nodded, then I hugged my knees. "What's wrong..?" Alberto asked again.

            "Nightmare. A terrble one." I said, shaking. Alberto patted my shoulder, "Wanna talk about it?" Alberto asked. I shook my head, "No, it's fine.." I lied. I lie back down and tried to fall back asleep, then Alberto wrapped his arms around me.

            "Hopefully this will make the nightmares go away..." Alberto laughed a bit. I smiled and we both fell asleep...