•~{Chapter One}~•

It felt like an endless summer. I counted the days as they passed by. I always hung out with Alberto on land, even though I wasn't supposed to. I don't know why he put up with me, Im so new to all these things that happen above the surface. I just feel like a burden because I know nothing about the land, my whole life has been in the ocean.

           I just can't separate myself from him. Alberto's company makes me feel so happy, I choose to hangout with him every chance I get. I just can't seem to find out what I'm feeling towards him.

            "Hey, Luca!" Alberto waved to me as he ran over.

            "Hi, Alberto." I shyly waved back.

            He made his way over with some coins from the fountain, "Check it out, we're rich!" He yelled with a huge smile. His goofiness is one of the reasons why I can't resist his company. 

            I counted the coins and added up the total with the ones we had found earlier. Three Euros... That's enough to get one ice cream scoop at the parlour. Maybe we could share one...

            I smiled awkwardly at Alberto so show at least a little appreciation to his findings. I'm not complaining about it, its just... We've been out here for two days without anything to eat. 

            "Luca, are you alright?" Alberto put his hand on my shoulder. My face went a little red, but I don't think Alberto would notice, as my cheeks are already rosy. 

            "Oh yeah, I'm fine!" I replied. My stomach started to growl... Alberto took notice of it.

            "I know, Luca. I'm starving too." Alberto said, putting his hand to the back of his neck. 

            I was gonna say my idea about the ice cream, but now I'm not so sure about it... "I was thinking... We have enough euros to get an ice cream scoop. We could share one?" I suggested. 

            Damnit, you stupid brain. I thought you weren't going to suggest that. 

            "Hey, that's not a half bad idea." Alberto said with a small smile. Wait, he agrees with my stupid idea?

            Alberto grasped my hand tightly and started running to the parlour. We went inside and saw a huge sign that read '1/2 off day! Get one scoop for half the price!'. My, that's convenient. I guess we don't have to share one after all. 

            So we ended up getting separate scoops, but I don't mind. At least I'm actually eating something edible. We finished up our cones and started wandering around. I had the temptation to hold on the Alberto's hand. I really cant figure out this feeling that I have...

            We kept wandering around, Alberto was being the goofy one as I laughed every here and there. We went up this huge hill to a cliff near the water. He showed me all the reasons why the surface is great, although is misguidance nearly blinded me. Stupid sun, why do you have you be so bright?

            I fell to the ground, covering my eyes so I can sorta see. "Are you okay...?" Alberto asked. I nodded my head and he extended his hand to help me up. 

            "Yeah, maybe don't look at the sun." Alberto let out, what seemed like a forced laugh. Although he is funny, and weird and goofy, he has some deep sense of care about others. 

            I think I figured out the name of this feeling...

            Its love.