•~{Chapter Seven}~•

Alberto stopped in the middle of the path and got off the scooter. He walked up towards a huge wooden ramp. I hung my mouth open and smiled, "What is this?" I asked,  fascinated. "Its a huge ramp that I made last summer, now that we have a scooter, we can use it!" Alberto hugged me. 

            I hugged him back and Alberto hopped onto my seat. I was confused at first, but then realized he wanted me to drive. "C'mon, Luca! Drive it!" He encouraged me. I chuckled and hopped onto the front seat. Alberto hugged onto my waist as I stepped on the gas petal. 

            "C'mon, Luca! Faster!" Alberto yelled. I stomped onto the petal, it went as far as it could possibly go. We went up the wooden ramp and were flying. The breeze felt amazing, I guess I was coming over my fears... Until I looked down.

            I screamed very loud. I let go of the handlebars and hugged onto Alberto as tight as I could. "Luca, hold on to the bars!" Alberto screamed. I looked down again, shook my head and hugged on to him tighter. 

             We ended up falling to the ground, the scooter landed wheels first, but then bounced and fell on its side, flinging Alberto and I off. After a few seconds, I opened my eyes and my entire body was screaming in pain. Bruises, cuts and grazes were everywhere. Not only on me, but on Alberto too. 

             I got up and limped over to him, "Alberto!" I yelled. He faintly opened his eyes and looked at the huge cut over my forehead. He sat up and hugged me, "Are you okay?" He asked. 

             "I.. I think so." I put my hand to my head. Blood was gushing everywhere... I looked into Alberto's eyes and there was a giant graze on his cheek. I remembered what he did for me when I tripped over that rock. I put my thumb in my mouth and rubbed the graze. He squinted in pain, but he didn't seem to mind it. 

             Alberto smiled at me and softly kissed my cut. I laughed and our lips met. Although my whole body hurt to hell and back, being with him numbed my pain. We tried to get up and walk back to the town.

This was gonna take a while...