•~{Chapter Three}~•

Alberto grasped on to my hand to make it up the hill faster. My face went red again, then we started laughing as we ran. We were almost up the hill, it was so dark that I didnt see the small rock in front of me.

            I tripped over the rock and fell flat on my face. "Woah, Luca! Are you alright?" Alberto stopped. 

            "Yeah, I think so." I replied, running my fingers through my hair. I felt something dripping from my cheek. I put my hand to it and looked my hand. Im bleeding...? Alberto took notice and kneeled down to me. He put his thumb in his mouth and rubbed the cut. I stared at him the entire time, I hope it wasn't creepy or anything...

            "There. How does it feel?" Alberto asked. 

            I stopped staring and felt my face get hot, "Oh, it feels a lot better. Thanks..." I said shyly. I looked down at the ground and started playing with a piece of grass. 

            "So... Luca." Alberto started. I looked up at him as he sat beside me. "You look... Upset." He continued. 

            "Im not upset at all." I said back. I kept playing with the blade of grass as Alberto scooted closer to me, putting his arm around my shoulder. I felt the temptation to cuddle into his arms, but I didnt want to be weird... But I wanted to so bad.

            "You're awfuly quiet." Alberto stated. I didnt know how to respond, leaving me silent again.

            "Im thinking..." I replied. I already knew what he was gonna ask next, so I got ready with an answer.

            "What'cha thanking about?" Alberto said, staring at, what Alberto calls 'the fish' above us. "Something..." I said timidly. 

            "Well if you're thinking, then you're obviously thinking about something." Alberto chuckled. "Or someone...?" Alberto continued. My face went fully red, red enough for Alberto to notice. My pupils shrunk and I glued my eyes to the ground to avoid conversation. 

            "So, tell me. Who is she?" Alberto asked. Its bold of him to assume its a girl. "Actually..." I started. Then I stopped, I didnt want to mess up anything. So I shut my mouth.

            "Actually what?" Alberto asked. I stayed quiet and stared at the ground again, "C'mon, Luca! Tell me!" Alberto tried to push an answer out of me. 

            "Its Giulia, isn't it?" He said, getting cocky. "What?" I replied, with a weird face. 

            "Oh my god, it is!" He screamed. "No, I dont like that red haired girl!" I screamed back. It was true, I barely knew her, plus, I (for some odd reason) like this weirdo beside me. 

            "Luca and Giulia, sitting in a tree-" He started. I was visibly angry, so I got up and started storming away. "Hey, hey! Wait!" He yelled, running after me.

            "Why do you have to make a joke about everything!?" I turned and yelled. Alberto backed away, "I didnt mean too. I thought you liked her." He replied, shrugging. 

            "Well I dont, okay? I barely know her." I stated. "Oh, c'mon. You should've seen your face when I brought it up though!" Alberto kept insisting that I like Giulia. "I seriously cant believe you right now!" I yelled in is face. And I cant believe Im yelling at my only friend...

            "Well, you seemed flustered and shy-" He kept rambling about it. "I DONT LIKE GIULIA, I LIKE YOU!". I think I said too much...

            "Wait, w-what?" Alberto stutered, "You must be joking." He chuckled nervously. I covered my mouth, "Alberto, I..." I said turning around. I finally faced him, my fists were clentched, my eyes were starting to water and my lip started to lightly quiver. 

            "Im not joking..."

"I really do like you, Alberto..."