•~{Chapter Six}~•

{ ⚠️Trigger Warning: Homophobia⚠️}

             We walked down the hill and the town was already full of people. I started to feel nervous walking into a crowd holding another boy's hand. I'm not sure how people will take it. I bit my lip, I think I bit it a bit too hard because all I tasted was sour metal.

             My hand started shaking and my lip started quivering. Alberto saw I was nervous, "Luca, what's wrong?" He asked, "You seem nervous." He continued. I looked up at him and nodded, "Im just scared, what if people judge us...?" I said quietly.

            "Hater's gonna hate, don't let them get to you. Remember, Silenzio Bruno.", he sounded really smart. I mean, if people dont like me for who I am, thats their fault, not mine. Right?

            We finally made it into the middle of the plaza, we sat down by the gelato shop. I rested my head on Alberto's shoulder and breathed in slowly. I then smiled while exhaling. Alberto kissed my forehead, "So. What do you wanna do now?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders, "I dunno." I replied.

            I saw a red scooter. It looked exacly like... "Hey, what are you two... Lovers doing...?" A man said. He said the word 'lover' in a weird tone. Dont let it get to your head, Luca...

            It was that guy from yesterday. "Its you again..." Alberto said rudely. I wrapped my arms around Alberto to try and calm him down. "Blech, okay you two. You gotta scoot your homo behinds outta here." The man said. Alberto got up, "What did you say?" Alberto asked, getting agitated.

            "Alberto, stop!" I yelled, reaching for his hand. "Who do you think you are?" Alberto asked the man. He straight up ignored me. "Im Ercole Visconti, now get out of here!" He yelled, I crouched back down and put my face to my knees. 

            Alberto looked behind him, but saw me the way I was. I started crying, I wanted this to be over. Alberto turned red with agitation, the brought his fist up and punched Ercole right in the nose. Ercole fell the the ground, trying to stop the blood from flowing out.

            Alberto grabbed my hand, and ran over to Ercole's red scooter. "Get on." He said firmly. I hopped onto the back seat as Alberto started to scooter up. I stompped on the gas petal and and the scooter took off. 

           Alberto drove up the same path that Giulia biked up, but the path the branched off into a dirt path. Alberto went down the dirt path as I hugged him from behind. After a couple minutes, we found ourselves on the same path, but surrounded by these tall yellow things. I looked at them and there were rows as far as I could see. 

           Alberto went faster and I put my hands up, "Woo hoo!" I screamed. This is the scooter ride of a life time. I'll never, ever forget this moment. I wrapped my arms around Albertos neck and kissed his cheek, "Thanks for this." I said in his ear. "Anytime, Luca." He looked at me and smiled.

 I rested my head on his shoulder and looked up and the, now orangey-yellow, sky. I smiled softly.

I never wanted this to end...