𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 14: "𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧"

"Uncle, is Heeseung's dad gonna make it?" The girl sniffled and looked at the doctor. He took off his glasses and rubbed his forehead.

"I honestly hope so. He's in a bad state, but he should wake up in a week, maybe sooner. If he doesn't wake up after a week, we're gonna need to perform a serious surgery on his brain. Fortunately, the chances of that are only 20%. Now go and tell this poor boy that his dad is most likely gonna be fine."

Seohee hugged her uncle and ran out of the office.

"Heeseung I ha- Heeseung?" She stopped in her tracks after noticing that the boy wasn't there.

"Heeseung? Oh god." She decided to call him, so she could know where he was.

"The caller you're trying to reach isn't answering, try again la-" Was all she heard from her phone. She tried multiple times, but she finally gave up.

"Where is he? Fuck, I have a bad feeling." Seohee ran out of the hospital and saw his bike was gone, which meant he drove somewhere. The first place she decided to check was his house.

On the other hand, Heeseung was there, where the girl thought he is. He was standing in front of his mirror, crying his eyes out, in his hand holding a razor.

"That's it, that's the end. Sorry grandma, sorry uncle, I'm coming to you." He put the razor to his wrist and cut a couple of deep cuts. This was his first time, but he didn't care much. For the very first time he was ready to end it all.

Seohee sprinted to his house, she couldn't get rid of a very bad gut she had. When she finally arrived, she started knocking on the door and panting heavily. No one answered.

She tried knocking again, but still, nothing. She could just go away, look for him somewhere else, but the bad gut was still there. She somehow knew he's inside and that something happened.

She spotted, that one of the windows was slightly open. She quickly ran towards it and slid her tiny wrist inside to open the other window. After she did, she climbed inside and ran to Heeseung's room. She saw no one, so she ran around and finally ended up opening the bathroom door.

"Jesus Christ, Heeseung!" She screamed at the top of her lungs and rushed to the boy, who was laying unconsciously on the floor with blood all over him.

"Heeseung! No, no... Hee, wake up!" Tears started to stream down Seohee's face. She tried waking him up and stopping the bleeding, then she called her uncle.

"Yes, sweetheart?" He picked up almost right away.

"Hee- Heeseung- he tried t- to commit suic- ide-" loud sobs were escaping her lips between words. She told him the address and hung up.

Seohee hugged the boy tight, her light blue and white dress was now covered in dark red blood.

"Don't go, stay here with me Hee-" She sobbed even louder. She loved him more that her own life, she knew she couldn't live without him.

"Wake up, stay with me" The girl started to sing. She was the type of person to sing in difficult situations to calm herself down.

"Through the flood, and through the fear
Right now I need you here
I need you to stay strong
To remind me, where I came from
And where I belong
So wake up, and stay with me"

She felt her heart breaking into pieces. It was broken because of the same person who put it together after all that happened to her.

"'Cause I'm starting to think
That I never actually had you
You're not in the dark
But far from the light
And I need to know now"

She took a deep, shaky breath and sang at the top of her lungs, as if it could bring the boy back to consciousness.

"Are you with me?
Are you in or are you out?
Are you with me?
Are you drifting through the doubt?"

As she was singing, she was rocking back and forth with his lifeless-looking body in her arms.

"Are you in or are you out...?" She whispered the last part and broke down into tears again.

A big thud was heard, which was caused by the medical team breaking down the door. They ran straight to the bathroom where Seohee's crying was coming from.

They took the boy into the ambulance, leaving Seohee crying on the bathroom floor.

"Excuse me miss, are you also hurt?" One of the rescuers kneeled down in front of her. She shook her head as a no, still sobbing.

"Let me drive with you, please."

☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎

Hours were going by, as Seohee sat on of the hospital chairs in already clean clothes, waiting for news about Heeseung. Her uncle and other doctors and nurses were fighting for his life. It was night already, the girl was tired of crying, so she eventually fell asleep.

"Hey, Seohee..." A familiar voice woke her up. She looked up with her puffy eyes and saw her uncle, gently shaking her shoulder.

"He's not awake yet, but you can go see him. Coincidentally, he's in the same room as your mother." He slightly smiled at the girl and helped her to stand up.

She rushed towards the hospital room and opened the door. The sight of both her mother and best friend laying unconscious broke her heart. All of a sudden she felt alone.

She sat down on a chair between their beds and held both of their hands. She hid her head in her knees and sighed. Then she looked at her necklace, and then at Heeseung.

"You said 'forever'. I hate broken promises, and you knew that. Why'd you do that then?"

Once again, she hid her head in her knees. She thought about what will happen if none of them wakes up. She lost so many people already, now she was afraid to lose him.

All of a sudden, she felt a light squeeze on one of her hands. She looked up to see...

"Oh my god."

~~~

HULLO HONEY BUNS <3

I posted this chapter quicker than i usually do because I got a big wave of motivation thanks to this beautiful person hamseungie who was the very first person to leave a comment on my book <3

Did y'all like the chapter? I hope you did~

The vacation has started and I graduated middle school yaaaaay!¡!¡ The overflowing happiness but also the overflowing sadness, because I parted ways with my friends that I've known for 8 years and some for even 12 years :((

The song that Seohee sang is "are you with me" by nilu :3

ALSO, OMG HYUNJIN IS BACK HYUNJIN IS BACK HYUNJIN IS BACKKKKKK-

𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 (𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎):
1161

So anyways, I LOVE Y'ALL WITH MY WHOLE HEART STAY SAFE BYEEEEE<333