𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 12: 𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙪𝙥

Knock knock. He's here.

Seohee's head shot up as soon as she heard the sound coming from her door. She glanced at her uncle, who was giving her an assuring nod, took a deep breath and turned the door knob.

And there he was. Handsome as always, but this time looking very elegant with his tie and a black jacket. He was also holding a bouquet of roses and a bottle of wine. Seohee froze at the sight, but she finally let him in.

"Hello m'lady, your gentleman arrived." Heeseung smiled, bowed and kissed the back of her palm. She blushed and looked away.

The boy's eyes wandered to the table. He bowed to the older male, but was a bit confused.

"Hello young man, your name is Heeseung I suppose? I'm Seohee's uncle, but you can just call me uncle Seokjin." The doctor stood up and offered a handshake to the boy.

"The rest of the family... couldn't make it." Seohee quickly added while looking slightly down.

"Oh, okay, I understand. Nice to meet you, uncle Seokjin. I brought wine as a gift, the flowers were supposed to be given to Seohee's mother but since you're the only one here, you can have them too." The teen said with a friendly grin and handed the gifts.

The doctor shot a look at the girl saying "You didn't tell him yet, did you?". She shook her head as a no. The older male's face had a tint of worry, but he kindly accepted the gifts.

They sat down at the table, started talking and eating. The atmosphere seemed pretty cheerful, neither of them was nervous anymore.

☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎

"Thank you so much for inviting me, it was a great dinner, and your uncle is a great guy!" Heeseung exclaimed enthusiastically and sent a wide smile to the younger girl, who chuckled.

"It was a great dinner, I agree. It wouldn't have been so great without you." She returned a smile.

They were currently walking down the street. Seohee decided to walk the boy at least halfway home. She was thinking about something the whole day, and finally decided that it'd be the right decision to tell Heeseung about her family and her past. She was opening up to him as she started to trust him.

"Hee, actually..." She hesitated for a second.

"Yeah?" He turned his whole attention to her. She could tell he was listening closely to what she was saying, and it made her feel somehow safe.

"...my uncle. He isn't my... real uncle. He's just a doctor that took care of me for the past eleven years."

"Took care of you?" The boy seemed visibly confused. "And what about your parents? Why didn't they attend dinner tonight?"

"You see... there's a long story behind it. But to make it short, my dad is in jail for abusing me, my mom and my sister. He ended up beating my sister to death and my mother to the state, where she was unconscious. She's still in a coma to this day. It was all happening until I had the courage to call the police on my father. That's the long story short."

Speechless is all that was painted across the boy's face. He's feelings were more than mixed, once he felt incredible pity, the next second it was burning rage and then just straight up disbelief. He couldn't get his words together.

He stopped and grabbed Seohee's hand. He quickly pulled her into the tightest and warmest hug possible.

"I'm so incredibly sorry you needed to go though this. But remember, that now you're safe, I'd never let anything happen to you, not in this lifetime."

The girl's eyes started to slowly shine with tears. She felt loved, appreciated. She hugged him tightly and sniffled.

"Don't cry, Seohee. I'll always be here for you, whenever and wherever you need me, alright?" The boy caressed her hair.

They broke the hug. The girl sniffled once again and smiled at Heeseung.

"You don't even know how thankful I am for you." She said, looking his straight into the eyes.

They continued walking in a comfortable silence. Seohee decided to break it.

"And what about you and your family? I've never heard much about it either."

Heeseung thought for a second and then took a deep breath before speaking.

"As you already know, I'm living with my dad and uncle. Their adoptive parents still live in England, but we don't keep much contact with them. My mom... she left me and dad and told us to move out. She cut all contacts with us and told me that she loves me, but she wanted to start a new life, all by herself. It's like she forgot about me. But that's fine, at least I have my dad."

The girl could hear the sadness in his voice. She stopped and grabbed his wrist.

"And me. You also have me." She smiled. He smiled back. His smile was like a cure for every illness to Seohee, as well as her smile to Heeseung.

"I also wanted to ask..." The girl continued. "...about a particular person. The last time I was at your house, I saw a photo of you and an older, beautiful woman, sitting by the lake. Is she your grandma?"

Heeseung's eyes saddened. He looked down and sighed. "Yes, she was my grandma, I treasured her a lot. Until..."

He stopped there, trying to fight his tears.

"Until a year ago. She died from lung cancer. She was the most important person in my life, she taught me many important things, she was there with me, when nobody else was. And now she's gone." His voice cracked on his last sentence. His tears couldn't be stopped anymore.

Seohee immediately embraced him. He hugged her waist and put his head in the crack of her neck. She could hear the muffled sobs and could feel tears staining her shirt. But she didn't care, she wanted to be here for him.

"Hee. I'm sure she's always here with you, she can see you, but you just can't see her. Don't worry, okay? I'll do everything for you to feel like she's still here."

He grabbed her by her shoulders and looked her straight in the eyes.

"You're an angel." He said with a serious face.

"No, you are." Seohee giggled at his seriousness.

She walked him to the convenience store and before they parted their ways, Heeseung took something out of his pocket.

"Turn around." He told her. She did as he said.

Heeseung put on her neck a beautiful necklace with an infinity sign on it.

"That necklace means that I'll always be here with you." He said and Seohee hugged him with teary eyes.

After they both parted ways, they arrived home safely.

They couldn't stop thinking about eachother.

~~~

HELLO MY CUTIESSSS :3

How is your life going? Mine is sHiT but at least the vacations are in two weeks :D

Was this chapter okay? Did you like it? yES IK I PUT SEOKJIN IN HERE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS-

I actually have the same necklace that Heeseung gave Seohee IK NOBODY ASKED

And wait... WHATTHEHELL300READSHOWWWWW
I'm terribly sorry if you had a stroke reading this but I COULDN'T BE MORE THANKFUL ILYSM <3

𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 (𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎):
1278

so yeah, anyways, HAVE A GREAT DAY OR NIGHT ILYSM NEVER FORGET THAT BYEEEEEE <33333