||12|| Partner In Crime

Start from the beginning

"She won't. Trust me, she's more your family than you know. The mafia is in her blood."

He exhaled a cloud of smoke, "A true Salvo." He chuckled.

"That she is."

The sound of a door shutting came from the other end of my house. Footsteps heard soon after.

"As much as I love seeing two men floundering over me, I'd much rather be there when it's happening." Oakley's voice came from down the hallway. I snapped my head up at her, she smiled and sent a wink my way, "You know, never such thing as too much attention."

I closed my eyes, internally sending a bullet through her head. I should've known she'd come out, all she's done is throw me under the bus. Mathew's eyes shifted to Oakley then back to me.

"The hospital, huh?" He said, going back to the lie I told him.

I looked at Oakley and threw a hand up, "You can never follow orders can you?"

She shrugged, "Your room was boring and I didn't hear gunshots so I came out."

Mathew sent a glare my way and I already knew I'd be hearing from him later. But he was probably choosing to dim himself down in front of Oakley.

"Look at you, all grown up. You look just like your Dad, does anyone tell you that?" Mathew asked, and I could practically see the gears turning in Oakley's head from the mention of her father.

Her eyes were locked onto him, "I didn't know I had other family members. After... the crash... no one came to claim me."

"I'm Mathew Salvo, your Uncle. I didn't know about your father's assassination until a few days after it happened, and even then I was informed that you died in the crash also.

Lies. Lies. And more lies.

"It was a hard time for Salvo, your father was a good man." He continued.

Oakley rolled her eyes, "I don't need the soft talk. I've been there done that for too many years of my life. The only reason I'm here is to kill Apolo."

"That has been an objective for ten years, Oakley. If it was that simple it would've been done. Salvo and Dynemo mafias are practically at war and have been at war for two decades. Apolo is the least of my worries. Yesterday was a day I assigned his assassination, but someone just wasn't cut out for the job." Mathew darted his eyes towards me. He's never gonna let it down.

I prayed Oakley doesn't tell him just how Apolo had gotten free.

The Dynemos are just as ruthless, and they'd stop at nothing to come after her if she killed him, especially after they discover exactly who she is. Mathew wouldn't understand my reasoning, she's better dead to him than alive.

Oakley glanced at me, her cat-like eyes hovered on me for a moment before snapping back to Mathew.

"I'm not going anywhere till there's a tunnel through that bastard head." She stated.

"Was hoping you'd say that—"

Yeah, because now you don't have to force her to stay.