"Well i'm not going anywhere." Kim suddenly said sounding offensive.

"What?" He said looking at Guerra who seemed to be on the verge of laughter.

"Marshall it's dangerous in Detroit people are getting murdered and killed every day and nothing's changing." Her tone wasn't disguising the surprise she had at having this conversation with him.

"Kim you can't just live in Vegas your whole life, we gotta get outta here and do something." Marshall argued. The discussion was obviously taking a huge detour for the worst.

"I am doing something, I'm working to be a lawyer and Guerra said he's going to help me." Kim confessed sighing a bit.

Marshall's eyes widened then a scowl easily took up its prior residence.

"Marshall, I can have a life here, me and Hailie where it's safe and-"

"Where you can be away from me." Marshall finished sounding darker than usual.

Kim shook her head rapidly before rolling her eyes in a dramatic kind of way.

"I never said that Marshall."

"Doesn't matter, that's what you meant, you wanna go screw around and play lawyer, fine, but i'm taking Hailie with me." Marshall said his voice displaying a cool kind of anger that just needed to be fueled before it probably turned to full blown rage.

Kim's eyes narrowed. "No you're not taking my daughter into a city full of criminals!" She yelled.

"We'll see." Marshall said before storming out the casino and out the door.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

**Present time**

Everyone had finally calmed down from the argument and had gone to sleep. Well, except for me. I was wide awake thinking of everything that happened and everything that might happen.

I slipped on my shoes and a hoodie before silently creeping past a sleeping Marshall on the floor by the front door. Opening the door with as much stealth as possible, given my clothes, I made it out into the main hall and exhaled silently. The cool air was a refreshing change from the tense atmosphere back inside. I honestly had no idea where I was going, but taking a nice stroll isn't that horrible of an idea.

I went downstairs to the main lobby and sat in one of the chairs that silently squeaked under my weight in protest, indicating it was probably really old. I leaned back and shut my eyes dreaming of the day where things all started to make sense. A time where me and Marshall were happy together and Hailie would play with my new little one and we'd all just be a huge happy family that would make it together in the world without chaos completely engulfing us.

I smiled at the thought of me and Marshall actually being a thing and then I thought back to RiRi who told me that no matter what I had to save his man. I looked towards my bracelet and ran my fingers across it feeling the pearls and how smooth they were.

"Yeah, I'll save him." I whispered.

"Um, excuse me." A voice spoke shaking me out of my thoughts and causing me to turn around and face them.

"Kim?" I said, unwilling to try and hide my surprise.

"Yeah, it's...uh, hey we need to talk." She said sounding like she meant business. It was refreshing that she didn't beat around the bush, at least.

"Okay." I said fixing my posture straighter.

"Look, Marshall isn't exactly who you think he is." She started.

I nodded, goading her to continue while feigning cluelessness.

"He sometimes isn't himself and he does really bad things..and I don't know exactly what's going on between you too but i don't wanna see you get hurt like this other girl..." She said her voice drifting off as if she was remembering something.

"Other girl?" I asked actually intrigued at what she might say.

"It's nothing...I mean, well...it's something I just, don't think I should tell you..." Kim said tripping over her words.

Well, I've been standing on the cliff for hours. What's the harm in jumping off?

"What did he do that was so bad?" I asked eyes squinting at how uncomfortable Kim suddenly looked.

"...When this whole rebellion took place you know I got separated from him." She said taking a seat and leaning back as if she was about to reveal a deep dark secret that only she knew about.

"Yeah that's what he said."I spoke, the pit of my stomach turned sour.

"Well that's not necessarily true.." She whispered.

Why is she telling me this? Isn't this something that she should be taking up with Marshall instead of a complete stranger?

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I saw him do...something 8 months before all this, that I never acted on and...I still regret it." She choked on her words, sounding as if she was about to break out into tears.

The bad feeling in my stomach suddenly got stronger as my hands began to sweat.

The refreshing feeling of her not beating around the bush was already nauseating.

"Kim, what did he do?" I asked not realizing that I was trembling at this point.

She wiped a few tears that crept its way down her face and shifted her head down in a look of shame and resent.

"We were at a party with a friend, Archie, and I was drinking of course and I saw him leave outside and I thought he was just going out to smoke or something.." She said in between sobs.

I looked over towards the table and saw a box of Kleenex and handed her a couple.

"Thanks." She said wiping some more tears and mascara that was running down her cheeks.

"H-He was out there for a good twenty minutes, so I went to go ch-check on him even though I was clearly in no state to be checking on anyone. I-I mean, what help could I possibly be? But I-I went outside and when I went into the alley I suddenly heard screaming... s-so I r-ran in and I s-saw him.." She sobbed again causing her to gain some hiccups in the process.

I patted her back trying to make sure she was okay but the more she talked the more the feeling in my stomach grew that I was not going to like how this story ended.

"And he had this girl pressed up against the wall...and she was s-screaming and crying and like half naked. And I didn't know what to do so I ran back in the house and grabbed some beer and tried to forget that I even saw anything. But later on he came back in the house and went upstairs to take some pills and I took this as an opportunity to see if that girl was still out there and she was but she was completely out of it."

"I asked her if she was okay but she just looked some what in a daze so i helped her up and she told me to take her to the hospital which I did. But when we got there she was mumbling something about not wanting her dad to see her...so she got out of the car and started walking. I w-wanted to make s-sure she w-was alright and followed her until she told me to leave her alone."

"I said I would if she told me her name." She said, staring blankly into the wall.

I suddenly felt dizzy and really really warm. What was this woman telling me?

"What was her name?" I asked, afraid that she would say it...afraid that my worst fear was coming true.

Kim didn't say anything for a moment. But when looked up and faced me with such a deadly stare I wondered if I was looking at the same person.

"She said her name was Maybelline."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What...? O_O

Okay hey guys! Sorry for the long wait but i hope it was worth it! This chapter was inspired by

InnocentRockstarz

[Edited // Proofread by my friend!]