Eight long years later

Bondita in her early 20s steps out the ship and enters her motherland after eight long years. She slowly bends down and touches the soil and places it over her forehead, while uttering Vande Matram. She is amazed by how much her country has changed in the course of 8 years. The patriot in her beams out when she saw a group of revolutionaries chanting Vande Matram. The child in her is awakend when she saw the sweet vendor. In the course of these 8 years she has changed a lot, from the childish laughter to mature and serene smile, from a messy handwriting to a neat cursive, broken english to accented english, the small girl whom India had witnessed before had now turned into a beatiful women. Among all these changes there was only one constant in her life, her Sakha Babu, her sansaar.  

She thought has she continued her journey back to Tulsipure                                                                                                  "pure aat saal hochuki hai,                                                                                                                                                  hamara sapana bhi pura hochuka hai Sakha Babu                                                                                                ab voh adhura pyaar bhi pura hoga"

Meanwhile in Tulsipure a man in his early 30s entered the Panchayat. He uttered Vande Matram and sat on the chair with one leg over the other. the crowd uttered Vande Matram after him and quitened down. The man standing next to the person sitting on the chair ushered the people to come forward and state their complaints. The group of farmers came forward and stood there hesistantly. The man sitting on the chair signalled them to speak.

Farmer 1: Anirudh Babu we are going through a severe drought and are not able to produce enough to feed and pay our taxes.

Farmer 2: Yes, barrister babu, we are not able to feed our kids and also not pay our loans.

Farmer 3: And the British officer is also not giving us any extension to even try to find another way to pay the taxes.

Farmer 4: We are under so much debt, that we are refused anymore loans until we repay the previous ones.

Farmer 5: please help us, otherwise our lands will be snatched away from us.

Anirudh: "Ab bohut hogaya pyaar se samjana,                                                                                                                              Samay aagaya he ab dushmani nibhane ka!!"

Anirudh: please don't worry your lands will be safe.

Anirudh: Aaj Sabha yahi stgith hoti hai.

Saying so he left uttering Vande Matram.

All this was witnessed by the poor soul she collected herself together as she had heard something which she hasn't even imagined in her dreams. The man who was hardened disciple of Gandhiji was speaking  about hatred. She was shattered, but still gathered her courage, sensing him nearer she gathered herself and smiled brightly, on the other hand he just shot her a side glance and rode away. She just stood there blankly with a pale face wondering what had happened that went wrong that he had turned into a cold hearted person. Instead of feeling love for her in his eyes she felt a very strong sense of a very dangerous emotion ''hatred''. Bondita stood still as a statue as tears found their way through her eyes.........

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hi all this is my first ff based on the newly released promo.

please do read and comment helping me improve my writing skills and continue watching Barrister Babu

Will be back soon with the next Os

Until then signing off your author:)))))