After effects of a dream to touch the sky

This os is based on the first episode of Badi Bondita when she descends the train and reaches her motherland.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Finally after 5 hours which seemed like 5 million years, I atlast descended the train and reached the Deenpur railway station, where i expected my Sakha babu, no my Shishak Babu, no Barrister babu, no Birristra Babu to be waiting for with my favourite aat handis of Roshogulla, no no, not just aat handis of Roshogulle, but aat handis of ekbadam wale kolkate ki Roshogulle for me.

I searched for him with all my might my eyes scanning the whole station for him. Atlast I found a figure standing next to a stall and aati handis of roshogulle next to him. Seeing after a heart wrenching seperation of eight years boosted the adrenaline rush in my body, I suddenly started feeling nervous, but gathered all my courage and tapped him from behind and excitedly called out to him.

Bondita: Sakha Babu!!!

The figure finally turned and left me embarrased as he was not my Sakha Babu and realisation dawned upon that I had identified the wrong person. I uttered sorry, he shot a glance at me and moved out. I gathered my luggage and started moving out towards the exit, when I spotted  a very familiar face approaching me along with a few men, it then dawned upon me that it was Chandra Chur, I panicked, in order hide myself  I spotted a jeep leading to Tulsipur and hid myself in it along with my luggage.

I reached Tulsipur and got down from the jeep. I was awed at how much it had changed. From sand paths to firmly built roads and from huts built of bambooes to mud houses all seemed so excellently built, but it also made me miss the old Tulsipur of my childhood. A mixture of emotions rushed through me as i reminisced those memories, I was happy, sad, excited and nervous all at the same time! I kept these thoughts aside and tried to navigate my way to the Roy Choudary Haveli my old house, no no my house, the house that will always welcome me with open arms irrespective of any situation, the house where my family lives, the family which has never failed to support me, even if it meant that they had to even loose their lives for it.

I spotted a sign board along the entrance that stated that dogs and the people of Krishnanagar are not allowed, this left me completely bewildered and raged. I mentally made a note to state this issue to my Sakha Babu once i met him.

I halted not knowing how to navigate as couldn't even find a single spot that remained the same through the span of the last eight years. Tulsipur had changed a lot, it had changed to a extent that even me, Bondita who could recognise each and every corner of Tulsipur stood lost not knowing which turn to take next. These thoughts brought tears to my eyes and i couldn't stop them, but consoled myself stating that change was, is and will always be the only constant and convinced myself thinking that now the people of Tulsipur have better settlements and thus can lead a comfortable life. With these thoughts I approached a lady carrying two pots, i switfly moved and helped her with one of the pots and asked her the way to the Roy Choudary Haveli.

Bondita: Aap kya mujhe Roy Choudary Haveli ka rastha bata sakthi hai?

Lady: haa kyun na betiya, tum kya unki mehman ho? kahaan se aayi ho?

Bondita: mehman nahi kaki balki wo meri pariwaar he, or me London se.. nehi Krishnanagar se aayi hu.

With this lady dropped the pot she was holding and looked shocked, everyone around me were looking at me with a shocked expression and suddenly a boy started pelting stones at me, I went near him and told him;

Bondita: Yedi maarna to Roushagulle maaro, patthar kyu maar rahe ho?

Boy: Kyunki tum Krishnanagar se ho!

And with that someone gagged me and covered my face with a shawl and took me with them. They brought me to something a closed place or i think it was some tent fixed in corridor. I was forced to sit in a corner, once i settled down, those people who brought me here started discussing something that they had had to inform someone and left urgently.

After a few minutes i heard people chanting Barrister Babu ki jay, Barrister babu ki jay and I realised that Barrister babu was my Sakha Babu. I quickly sttod and move towards the opening through which I could see what was happening. I peeped oy to see what was happening and saw my Sakha babu in all his glory, my heart fluttered and I felt a few butterflies in my stomach, but something felt different, my Sakha Babu had changed a lot his way of dressing, his humble attitude, he was a person who never believed in any special treatment, was now being welcomed in a grand manner with flowers being showered on him and people chanting his name and bowing their heads before, he never liked any of those, he always wanted people, especially women to stand straight and never lower their eyes before any until and unless they were wrong, but now he willingly accepted them bowing their heads before, the calm serene smile had now wanished leaving a stern, strict face that reflected a cold heart. 

I was stunned seeing these changes and remembered my friends words, I kind of felt that he was right now, but pushed those thoughts away trying to convince myself that nothing had changed and that he was still my same old Sakha Babu, who was cheerful, humble man who would never do anything wrong without having a valid reason behind it.

My thoughts were brought to halt, when someone dragged me out of where i was standing and took me down a fleet of stairs to figure sitting on a chair. I realised the man sitting on the chair was my Sakha Babu, I was left speechless, the vibes I was getting from him slightly making me nervous, the shawl on my face was a transparent one thus helping me atleast get a slight view of mu surroundings. The shawl on my face was removed and I looked at Sakha Babu, we had a deep eyelock and were brought back by a man's voice.

Man: Barrister Babu, yeh ladiki Krishnanagar se he, lagta hai Thakuma ne ise yahan jasoosi karne keliye beje hein, Bhagwan ko lak lak shukr he ki hum satark the anyatha pata nahi kya hota, ab aaphi bata dijiye ki hum is ladki ke saath kya kare.

Sakha just stared at me, but I was enraged with all the thinks happening around me and took a step forward and folded my addressing everyone all the while never looking down even once as I needed the people around me to know that I was guilty of nothing and was not a jasoos which my Thakuma had sent.

______________________________________________________________________________

There will be a part two of this fully based on my imagination published soon.

This is the longest chapter I have ever written and thank you all for the amount of support you all showered over me for my first os.

Please do read, comment and give me ideas on what could have happened in the span of the last eight years that led to such enemity between the two towns.

Signing off your                                                                                                                                                                              Author