Chapter 8

*Picture of foals*

I don't know what happened after that but I think I fell asleep because I woke up in my bed, tucked into the covers with my maids sitting beside me.
"How do you feel?" Linda asked kindly.
"A lot better," I said, surprised at how full of energy I felt. I rubbed my eyes and yawned, then got out of bed.
"What time is it?" I asked.
"4am. You basically slept the whole day and into the night," Linda said.
"And you guys were watching me the whole time?" I asked, surprised.
"Yes miss," Linda said.
"Oh please go back to your rooms and get some rest. We have a big day today," I said, shooing them out. When the door closed, I let out a deep sigh and decided to read. I sat on my bed, about to open the book when there was a knock on the door. I walked over to the door and opened it, it was Jack.
"I didn't think it'd be you; shouldn't you be getting your royal sleep?" I giggled.
"I had to do work, a Prince's job is not easy," Jack yawned.
"Do you normally stay up till four in the morning," I questioned, I felt sorry for him, here I was going to sleep early.
"Yep," Jack sighed, sitting down on the bed.
"How'd you know I was awake anyway?" I asked.
"I was walking around when I saw your maids so I asked them if you were awake," Jack answered, "which reminds me. I got a surprise for you!" Jack whispered excitedly. Jack picked up a hand towel and put it over my eyes.
"Jack! What are you doing? I'm still in my nightgown!" I hissed.
"No one will see," Jack said. I could feel him tying the knot at the back of my head.
"Just follow me," Jack whispered, taking my hand and pulling me forward. I blindly let him drag me, putting my other hand in front of me to make sure I did no bump into anything.

"We're here!" Jack whispered, after about five minutes. He took off my blindfold. I opened my eyes to see foals, three amazing foals, drinking milk from their mother. I did not know my horse breeds but I did know how to ride. The first foal, in the stable, was as dark as night with a dark mane. The second foal was the complete opposite, it was as bright as the sun, it's body was white and its mane, golden. It looked amazing in the setting sun. The third one looked like someone just splashed brown and white paint on it, they were amazing!
"They're...amazing!" I whispered, patting the third horse.
"Happy surprise, Izzy!" Jack smiled shyly.
"Oh thank you Jack!" I said, running into his arms and hugging him tight. My movement seemed to shock him at first but it did not take long for him to hug me back.
"What are you going to name them?" Jack asked.
I turned to the first foal, as dark as night.
"Hmm. I think I'll call you Midnight." I said, patting the foal gently. I named the second one Lacey and the third one Jackie, named after Jack. Jack smiled when he heard that I decided to name the horse after him. I kissed him gently on his cheek before returning to my room to get changed.