Chapter 73: Honeymoons, Security Guards, and Helicopter Noises

Mulai dari awal

"Hopelessly?" Hank asked with a big grin on his face. 

"Yep, I don't think I could fall out of love with you," I confessed. 

"Are you gonna make fun of me if I say I'm enjoying this?" Hank asked. 

"It's our honeymoon, I'd hope you're enjoying it," I teased. 

"You drive me crazy in the best kind of way," Hank spoke. 

"Oh just shut up and kiss me already," I replied. 

Hank pulled me on top of him and placed his hands on my hips. I leaned down and kissed him. He pulled me down closer towards him. 

"You look pretty cute with your hair all messed up like this," I flirted. 

"Is that the way to your heart, stop putting in effort?" Hank asked. 

"I mean, I've never minded your stubble," I spoke running my finger across his jawline. 

"What's next, you want me to start wearing clothes other than suits?" Hank teased.

"I'm not opposed to the idea..." I confessed. 

"As much as I am enjoying this very enlightening conversation, shouldn't we be taking advantage of our new surroundings?" Hank suggested. 

"What do you have in mind?" I asked. 

"Dinner?" Hank spoke with a grin. 

"Are you asking me on a date?" I teased. 

"Think of this whole week as one long date," Hank spoke lowering his voice slightly. 

An Hour Later

"What do you think was the most stressful day of our job?" I asked sipping on my wine. 

"Okay, remember that time you died?" Hank spoke laughing to himself. 

"I die often Hank, you'll have to be more specific," I replied joining him in the laughter. 

The couple at the table next to us gave us a very weird look, but they quickly turned away when I made eye contact. 

"When you and Erik were dead," Hank added.

"Yeah, I remember being stuck in the afterlife with Erik," I answered reminiscing on our joint temporary death. 

"Well, we had to put the whole school back together without Erik's help. Whenever we moved you guys we had to keep you super close together because Erik kept dying- like more than he already did," Hank continued.

"God, he's so dramatic," I joked. 

The couple at the table next to us suddenly got up looking alarmed and they quickly rushed away. 

"What did you two get up to in prison, I'd imagine it was quite boring?" Hank asked.

"It was very boring and Erik's sense of humor got old very quickly," I spoke remembering his awful jokes. 

"He couldn't have been that bad," Hank defended. 

"On like the third day I had just woken up and Erik is strutting around the cell and he says 'wow this is a nice change of scenery, I quickly reminded him that we were in fact, in prison," I explained. 

Hank and I were laughing when his eyes suddenly shifted to behind me and the smile fell from his face. Oh no. That's never a good sign. 

"That couple is back and they brought security," Hank spoke his hand tightening around mine.